Unitrunker voice SDR not following

Status
Not open for further replies.

HJCF0520

I have a similar problem with Unitrunker 1.0.32.7. I have two RTL's and decoding the control channel works fine. It displays all the site and talkgroup information. The problem is the second voice channel sdr won't change frequencies to hear voice. I've tried Motorola and P25 systems with no luck. I was also piping the audio from the voice sdr into DSDplus and no luck. Thanks for the help.

HJCF0520

The left box is the control channel (which works great!) and the right is the voice. Also, you have excellent software and I appreciate the help.

Attachments

• unitrunkerphoto.jpg
    unitrunkerphoto.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 507
  • unitrunkerphoto2.jpg
    unitrunkerphoto2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 490

HJCF0520

Alright, I think I get it now. Even though the program can decode the Phase 2 control channel, since it's 12,000 baud, it can't follow/ decode voice. Thank you very much for your help!

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Alright, I think I get it now. Even though the program can decode the Phase 2 control channel, since it's 12,000 baud, it can't follow/ decode voice. Thank you very much for your help!

For Phase 2, you need OP-25. It usually requires Linux and is NOT easy to install, but it works great once you get it working.

HJCF0520

Hi again, I tried monitoring a Motorola Smartzone system and the control channel data decodes but the second "Voice" SDR won't change frequencies in Unitrunker. It seems to be stuck in park mode. The configuration is the same as the previous pictures except the control channel. Thanks for the help.

SCPD

QRT
A T-band system. Interesting.

Point the "Digital Output" of your voice role VCO to VB Cable.

Point the "Analog Output" of your voice role VCO to your speakers.

HJCF0520

I decided to try the New Jersey Statewide Smartzone system. It works! It changes the voice channel frequency. I wonder if the problem is the Burlington County system uses the T-Band and Unitrunker doesn't have an option for that. Also, how do I decode Analog Smartzone voice? Thank you so much for your help! Excellent software!

HJCF0520

Yes, there are many frequencies in the site window. Most of them are 800mhz which is weird because the system is all 500mhz. I downloaded the trunking information from Radio Reference to the program and all the talkgroups have names and such but, voice calls are being assigned to the wrong band. Regarding the audio, everything is muted except the voice channel and the audio consists of static and different control channels due to Unitrunker changing 800mhz frequencies and not 500mhz. I'm sorry for all the problems but I very much appreciate you helping me with all this. Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
Yes, there are many frequencies in the site window. Most of them are 800mhz which is weird because the system is all 500mhz. I downloaded the trunking information from Radio Reference to the program and all the talkgroups have names and such but, voice calls are being assigned to the wrong band.
Stop the RTL sticks from running. Either delete the whole site - or - delete all the frequencies - or zero the frequencies. Re-download the data from RR DB. This should grab the frequencies and band plan.

Do not use the band wizard for UHF or VHF systems. There is no standard band plan for these systems. It must be entered manually - or downloaded from the RR DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.