UniTrunker w/ Florida SLERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
Version 1.0.33.6 setup tested and works absolutely perfect on multiple OBT P25 systems and analog EDACS (Brevard)

However, the State of Florida SLERS system (Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System (EDACS) Trunking System, Statewide, Florida - Scanner Frequencies) - makes UniTrunker go insane crazy -- the program continuously tries to open new site windows - to the tune of it takes Windows Task Manager to shut down the program. I have tried uninstalling, re-installing, using a different computer, etc.

Again, the program is completely stable and works 100% on 380mhz P25, 400mhz P25, 700/800mhz p25, 800mhz analog EDACS and 900mhz analog EDACS.

The only variable that I know of.... is that SLERS is a ESK equipped system.

Yes, I am aware that SLERS is mostly encrypted.

Has anyone had any success getting UniTrunker to work with SLERS?

TIA

doug

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I use unitrunker v11.29.2014 seems to work. I use the program to get site info and how many lcn's it has on that site. Than I program the info to the scanners. The sds100&200 gives false info on sites.

ScubaJungle

To the OP - can you post a screenshot of the site window as well as the VFO window settings?

Ive had it run with V1.033.4 (may have been earlier version), V1.033.6, and the latest V2 (not sure of exact numbers with this one)
I would suggest trying V2 though, unless you specifically like the earlier versions

ScubaJungle

i'd be happy with a download link to the V2 version... all i see is this:

Im not sure why, but its not on their site. I think because it is technically still in the beta stage, they only post the updates to the Google Groups:

You may have to get approved, but youll see a post that says V2.0xxx and in that post is a download link

Specific thread to V2 preview 35 (latest):

batdude

V2 Release 1 Preview 24. Here is the local Analog EDACS trunk. Working like a champ.

and here is what happens when I tune to the SLERS EDACS CC: ... it does not open a decode window at all....

note that this is one hell of an improvement on my end... at least it's not opening 2000 windows.....

ScubaJungle

Hmm, your settings look good.
Sometimes I get a 100% green bar like that and no window opens - usually pressing stop and then pressing play again will make it open.
Also, clicking on "Adhoc" should open a window that has the tabs for the channels, calls, info, peers,etc. WHat happens when you open the "adhoc" window?

batdude

i am now seeing call information using the ADHOC setting. Can't seem to get the system to import the radioreference data for the site --- had to punch them in manually....

ScubaJungle

i am now seeing call information using the ADHOC setting. Can't seem to get the system to import the radioreference data for the site --- had to punch them in manually....
Awesome - the import feature is a little bit tricky. I would bet money that the reason why it wasnt working has to do with the system ID - the system IDs that show on Unitrunker are usually a bit different than what is in the RR DB - so you have to edit the system ID in the "Info" tab to make it match the DB system ID for the information to import succesfully.

I couldn't get the import feature to work for a while, then when I started playing around with the IDs I got it to work and realized it was because of the System ID issue.

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
I Played with SLERS today and ran into the same problem... I had to manually enter the LCN since the site isnt listed on RR. When I restart UT everything is cleared out and returns to ADHOC. (Even if I manually enter a site)

batdude

Yep, I learned the "system ID" trick years ago after beating my head into the wall for an hour or so.

I have come to the conclusion that Unitrunker just doesn't like SLERS - at least my local sites anyways. I am getting what I think are decodes on groups, radio IDs, etc. - but there is no way I can use it when every time it starts I have to punch in all the LCN data for the sites.

I'll be incredibly happy when EDACS rides the white horse into the sunset.

d

batdude

btw, none of my posts are meant to detract from what the developers of Unitrunker have done -- it's an incredible program ---- thankfully EDACS is well on it's way out (the sooner the better) - and with SLERS being 99% encrypted - i was only interested in the traffic analysis side of "listening" anyways. For what I do, at my QTH, FMPA/DSD+ is much better suited for my needs. If FMPA/DSD+ supported provoice/ESK EDACS, I'd happily pay $100 for it.... LOL

doug

ScubaJungle

Its weird you have so many problems because my local county is on EDACS as well, and it works perfectly for them also. I did, have to enter LCN manually though, until I figured out how to get the info to import - and with SLERS, sometimes the info isnt there so it has to be manually imported.
As for saving - are you saving the site that you entered LCN/info for? There is a button that says something like save or export, and it will automatically save it as "EDACS-6" or something, then when you open up Unitrunker next time, you can press the "open" button and open that file, which will reload all of that info again

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
I'm not surprised... SLERS is a frankenstein version of EDACS w/ ESK (with some other tweaks). Definitely not "off the shelf." Previous versions have worked for me but it has a long history of causing problems for UT users and the developer. Unfortunately because most of the traffic has historically been encrypted not much attention has been paid to it. Totally understandable. I have some time off coming up, maybe I'll put together some decode logs along with an IQ file and post it to the google group for Rick to take a look at.

ScubaJungle

I'm not surprised... SLERS is a frankenstein version of EDACS w/ ESK (with some other tweaks). Definitely not "off the shelf." Previous versions have worked for me but it has a long history of causing problems for UT users and the developer. Unfortunately because most of the traffic has historically been encrypted not much attention has been paid to it. Totally understandable. I have some time off coming up, maybe I'll put together some decode logs along with an IQ file and post it to the google group for Rick to take a look at.

Very true - any problems have probably just been shrugged off since it's totally unmonitorable for voice anyway.

I haven't fired up a SLERS site in a little while, but I'll also give it a shot later today or tomorrow and see if any issues pop up.
I do remember getting really confused with frequencies/database one time when putting SLERS into UT - it seemed like the DB was way off and frequencies had been changed among different sites, so maybe that was UT after all (or being half asleep at 2am, lol).
For the closer sites I can't remember having any significant issues using either version. It's definitely possible there were errors in trunk tracking/voice following that I never even noticed because of the encryption, though.

Like you said, they use a different version of EDACS, and my county uses EDACS w/ PV (pretty sure no ESK), so I guess that wouldn't really be a good comparison.
Ill see how it goes and post the results/logs here and in the google group.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
V2 Release 1 Preview 24. Here is the local Analog EDACS trunk. Working like a champ.

View attachment 85489

and here is what happens when I tune to the SLERS EDACS CC: ... it does not open a decode window at all....

View attachment 85490

note that this is one hell of an improvement on my end... at least it's not opening 2000 windows.....
The Warp value needs to be adjusted to bring the Window value as close to zero as possible on both systems. Also try setting the squelch to -65.

batdude

The Warp value needs to be adjusted to bring the Window value as close to zero as possible on both systems. Also try setting the squelch to -65.

this is the best explanation that I have seen:

I'm not surprised... SLERS is a frankenstein version of EDACS w/ ESK (with some other tweaks). Definitely not "off the shelf." Previous versions have worked for me but it has a long history of causing problems for UT users and the developer.

those settings do not change anything regarding the ability to track this system - as stated in my earlier posts, the program works 100% with everything EXCEPT SLERS....

d

maus92

Premium Subscriber
those settings do not change anything regarding the ability to track this system - as stated in my earlier posts, the program works 100% with everything EXCEPT SLERS....

d
The RSSI is pretty low. Just trying to make sue your SDRs are tuned the best they can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.