Unitrunker - why can't I ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordJ

Why can I not find any of my systems that I have archived?
I try to open a system I know I have saved, but all the browse sees are folders with silly names..so where does the archive save my data?

SCPD

QRT
Why can I not find any of my systems that I have archived?
I try to open a system I know I have saved, but all the browse sees are folders with silly names..so where does the archive save my data?
Look for a file called "Unitrunker.xml"

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Wrong forum. Moved to the *trunker forum. Gotta scroll down just a little farther next time. Thanks.

LordJ

Sorry Wayne...Anyway..I un-installed the program and am starting from scratch for the 4th time...I remember unitrunker brining up an ADhoc site and that's when it added extra systems and wouldn't read the systems that I had...Hopefull it won't do that again...Maybe I'll go back to the May release. I didn't have this problem with that one...

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I un-installed the program and am starting from scratch for the 4th time ... I remember unitrunker bringing up an ADhoc site and that's when it added extra systems and wouldn't read the systems that I had...Hopefull it won't do that again.
Running the same program with the same radios in the same operating environment, and monitoring the same systems will very likely give you the same results.

Back to your original question - did you find your data? When you run the program, do the systems appear in the systems tab? If not, check the archive tab. If there is an older archive with a larger file size, your missing systems may be there.

Some additional information may provide clues as to what is going on. What system(s) are you monitoring? What extra systems where created? What type of radio are you using?

LordJ

The files were still in the archive tab. Monitoring Ontario's Bell Fleetnet. I downloaded the data from RR but decided to do it from scratch myself. It wasn't showing in the systems tab anymore for some reason. I saw the large size archive, but in no way could load it up. There was an mpt system there, a duplicate Fleetnet system (with no data) that it must have automatically created and another system was there that I didn't create, but I can't remember what it was. I am using a tapped Pro 2026 @ 44100 @ 16...

SCPD

QRT
The files were still in the archive tab. Monitoring Ontario's Bell Fleetnet. I downloaded the data from RR but decided to do it from scratch myself. It wasn't showing in the systems tab anymore for some reason. I saw the large size archive, but in no way could load it up.
For future reference: each time you exit the program or press the "save" button - a new snapshot of your data is created on disk. The previous snapshot is archived (the file is renamed to have a number on the end). Any time you want to revert back to a previous snapshot of your saved data - select the previous revision and click the "Take me back" button. This will help you cope with missing / dropped data issues until we get things sorted out.

There is an XML parsing bug that may have come into play here. Your saved Unitrunker data might have a funky character that choked the program when it came time to reload. This was reported a week or so ago and - I believe - fixed for the next release.

There was an MPT system there, a duplicate Fleetnet system (with no data) that it must have automatically created and another system was there that I didn't create, but I can't remember what it was. I am using a tapped Pro 2026 @ 44100 @ 16...
The dupe'd Fleetnet system sounds strange. That's a Motorola system so you shouldn't see two. Did both systems have the same type (Motorola) and system ID (782D). I've got an Omnilink bug but that shouldn't affect you.

More FYI - the "Adhoc" site is a temporary site created by the program to display site activity while it waits for more data to arrive over the control channel that will tell it which site you are monitoring. Under normal conditions on a SZ system - the program eventually catches the site number - deletes the "Adhoc" site and switches to the displaying the correct site. On non-SZ systems, the Adhoc site becomes your only site so you're free to rename it whatever you like.

Even more FYI - if you're monitoring an EDACS system - be sure to fill in the control channel frequency when the site window first appears. The initial site window belongs to a "Limbo" system (a new blank, temporary system). The reason for this is EDACS does not have system identity like Motorola or P25. Once you key in the control channel frequency - the program can match the site number and control channel (LCN and frequency) to an existing site / system. There is work in progress to allow you to manually merge two EDACS systems. There is also work in progress to query the radio for the active control channel for those configurations that allow it (this wouldn't work on a discriminator tapped radio that has no PC interface).

LordJ

As I recall the duped system was the same system, but with no data. I think when the program loads, it reads the system info from the CC and then tries to load the data to match the system. I will guess for whatever reason it didn't find the needed info, so it created the duped system.
I have been saving the system pretty much after anytime I make a change in data. One of the last things I tried before removing and re-installing was to try the take me back option, but it didn't work for me.
I'm no programmer so I have no idea how this will work, but can your software be programmed so there is an option to 'save as'? With an option like that, one could possibly save the system data and program config data to a specific place, then possibly load it from a backup save on a disk? Not sure if I have explained clearly, but I am sure you get the idea...
I have restarted the program a number of time now to get it to screw up, and it hasn't yet. So with fingers crossed, it will be fine...
Again, thanks for the responses..and keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.