Unitrunker with a PRO2045

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi. I think the person who developed unitrunker's name is Rick IINM.

I used to use unitrunker on a P25 system and my regions EDACS system but for the life of me I cant get it to work anymore, I dont really know what I am doing wrong but thats a different issue.

I noticed that newer scanners dont have to be tapped to run Trunk 88 and unitrunker.
I have a Home Patrol 1 but did not buy the extreme update that went for $50 and now goes for a "C-note."

Is there any way to run unitrunker without this paid update.
The page below is kinda vague.

UniTrunker | Home Patrol

Thanks

Eric

ronchaffin

Premium Subscriber
Get the update... it is well worth the 100 bucks. You can do all ( well most) of the analysis and logging you can do with Unitrunker right in the palm of your hand. You will not be disappointed.

SCPD

QRT
The program requires the raw data outout feature. Raw data output only works with the Extreme upgrade.

HP-1E support isn't complete. The preview release will decode Motorola, P25, MPT1327 and EDACS48. The program does not decode LTR from audio. The raw data output is too heavily filtered to decode EDAC96. I've sent an email to Uniden describing the filtering problem.

I have yet to implement voice following with the HP-1E.

Eric - consider tapping an older scanner. The upgrade is pretty nice - and can reduce to number of radios and cables needed when mobile.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Unitrunker said:
The program requires the raw data outout feature. Raw data output only works with the Extreme upgrade.

HP-1E support isn't complete. The preview release will decode Motorola, P25, MPT1327 and EDACS48. The program does not decode LTR from audio. The raw data output is too heavily filtered to decode EDAC96. I've sent an email to Uniden describing the filtering problem.

I have yet to implement voice following with the HP-1E.

Eric - consider tapping an older scanner. The upgrade is pretty nice - and can reduce to number of radios and cables needed when mobile.

Hi Unitrunker. I have a Pro 2045 that is tapped but for whatever reason it doesn't work with Unitrunker. I don't know why.I used to use unitrunker but I couldn't figure out how to save files. That was 4 years ago and another computer. I generally use it with Trunk 88.

I was stupid and cheap not to have taken advantage of the extreme upgrade when it was offered at $50.

Perhaps Unitrunker I can send you a page print of how I have unitrunker set up but it does not work.

Maybe I am doing something wrong and all I need is a few tweeks ????

SCPD

QRT
It's almost always a signal level issue. The input level is either too anemic (flat line) or too hot (clipped).

Give this short procedure a try ...

Audio Recording Level Adjustment

You don't need to manually save any files (but there is a Save button on the Archive tab). The program saves everything each time you exit. There is also an auto-save option that will save your data every fifteen minutes.

XTS3000

Where do we get the latest version? The version I downloaded is from unitrunker.com, but doesn't support the HP-1E. I've played with this software for 3 hours now, and still can't get anything to work. I'm stuck on step 3 where it says to press "Inline". Once "Inline" is selected, there is no option for the HP-1 (only PSR's and a few Unidens - no HP-1). I'm lost....

SCPD

QRT
The normal release process works like this ...

Official builds go in the website's main download folder.

Preview builds go in the preview folder. These are experimental builds that may fix some things and possibly break others. The details of these preview builds are announced on a mailing list.

A preview build has been out for while with little or no complaints gets promoted to the next official release.

It's not like the previews are a big secret. It's just easier to deal with a smaller audience before announcing a release as available for general use. Most folks don't like to live on the bleeding edge. They prefer to wait for the next stable release.

If you'd like to play with the current preview release, look in the preview folder. Details and discussion are on the Google Groups mailing list.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
It's almost always a signal level issue. The input level is either too anemic (flat line) or too hot (clipped).

Give this short procedure a try ...

Audio Recording Level Adjustment

You don't need to manually save any files (but there is a Save button on the Archive tab). The program saves everything each time you exit. There is also an auto-save option that will save your data every fifteen minutes.

I am not that familiar with electronics, at least how these things work but I would say that my input level signal is anemic. I have noticed this as well on Trunk 88 but for the Motorola system I follow it works well. The actual control channel strength, an entirely different concept for sure, is solid I am line of sight with both systems towers I would like to try on uni trunker.

My last question: When your program asks me for the tapped scanner there isnt my tapped scanner on the list, PRO2045. Can I enter in a similiar scanner on that list?

I will give the link provided a try to get to the bottom of my issues,

Thank you

Eric

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Pro-2045

I am not that familiar with electronics, at least how these things work but I would say that my input level signal is anemic. I have noticed this as well on Trunk 88 but for the Motorola system I follow it works well. The actual control channel strength, an entirely different concept for sure, is solid I am line of sight with both systems towers I would like to try on uni trunker.

My last question: When your program asks me for the tapped scanner there isnt my tapped scanner on the list, PRO2045. Can I enter in a similiar scanner on that list?

I will give the link provided a try to get to the bottom of my issues,

Thank you

Eric

First use Uniscope to see if there is a signal from your tap !

Just set up my 2045 to see if it would work with Unitrunker and it works perfect, I downloaded the program and it work with no changes, but I went into the setup and this is it,

TYPE-SIGNAL
MODE- DISCRIMINATOR
ROLE-SIGNAL
RUN-RUNNING
AUDIO PORT- MICROSOFT SOUND MAPPER
SAMPLE RATE-9600
SAMPLE SIZE-16
CHANNEL-MONO

Hope this is of some help to you setting up your system
Steve

OCO

It will work with his pro-2045
Steve

I was just making the point for any HP1E users still following the thread..

XTS3000: I was able to get UT running on a Mot Phase 1 system, but haven't been able to get anything on a couple of EDACS systems locally. If you do get things running, post any hints you may have...Still politicking for the Windows-DSD port to get a patch for the HP1 digital output.....:)

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Systems and Unitrunker

I was just making the point for any HP1E users still following the thread..

XTS3000: I was able to get UT running on a Mot Phase 1 system, but haven't been able to get anything on a couple of EDACS systems locally. If you do get things running, post any hints you may have...Still politicking for the Windows-DSD port to get a patch for the HP1 digital output.....:)

Hi OCO, I tried Unitrunker on ,

Bell Fleetnet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 Trunking System, Southwest Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

and

Niagara Frontier Transit Authority Trunking System, Buffalo, New York - Scanner Frequencies

and

Saia Communications (Buffalo #1) Trunking System, Buffalo, New York - Scanner Frequencies

also

Canquest Communication Trunking System, Niagara Region, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

All the above system worked with Unitrunker
Steve

OCO

I've got three systems locally that are EDACS standard, I get a good waveform in the little scope, but no logging. I'll try a clean setup later, I'm still pretty hazy on it.. Thanks for the news!

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Setup

I've got three systems locally that are EDACS standard, I get a good waveform in the little scope, but no logging. I'll try a clean setup later, I'm still pretty hazy on it.. Thanks for the news!

YEA, I would start over again, I had a heck of a time the first time I tried Unitrunker several months ago, could not get it too work. this time I had no problems at all, don't know if I just got lucky or what.

under run make sure you have it set to RUNNING
Steve

OCO

YEA, I would start over again, I had a heck of a time the first time I tried Unitrunker several months ago, could not get it too work. this time I had no problems at all, don't know if I just got lucky or what.

under run make sure you have it set to RUNNING
Steve

Running and stopped work OK and I can see the control getting back to the HP1. I see Rick's comment on 9600 CC channel issues on EDACS, I've got to find out what EDACS standard is - I thought it was 4800, probably wrong.

DonS

Running and stopped work OK and I can see the control getting back to the HP1. I see Rick's comment on 9600 CC channel issues on EDACS, I've got to find out what EDACS standard is - I thought it was 4800, probably wrong.

IIRC, EDACS "standard" is a 9600bps control channel whlie EDACS "narrow" is 4800bps.

OCO

Thanks.. I may have had it working on one of the systems, looks like I got a log file. I swear when I was running it on the Mot Phase I system that it brought up and displayed the log output while it was running..

Probably would be smarter to just do the tap on the virgin Pro-2042 that's setting in front of me. Before the latest HP1 firmware, it was easier to find the CC and start things up.. Now, you've got to remember the CC frq. and put it in manually. From UPMan's comment, sounds like the processor may be tapped out on the HP1 (too many added features lately? ) <lol>

Status
Not open for further replies.