Unitrunker with a PRO2045

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

Unitrunker said:
Eric - consider tapping an older scanner.
Hi Unitrunker. I have a Pro 2045 that is tapped but for whatever reason it doesn't work with Unitrunker. I don't know why.I used to use unitrunker but I couldn't figure out how to save files. That was 4 years ago and another computer. I generally use it with Trunk 88.

I was stupid and cheap not to have taken advantage of the extreme upgrade when it was offered at $50.

Perhaps Unitrunker I can send you a page print of how I have unitrunker set up but it does not work.

Maybe I am doing something wrong and all I need is a few tweeks ????

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
It's almost always a signal level issue. The input level is either too anemic (flat line) or too hot (clipped).

Give this short procedure a try ...

Audio Recording Level Adjustment

You don't need to manually save any files (but there is a Save button on the Archive tab). The program saves everything each time you exit. There is also an auto-save option that will save your data every fifteen minutes.

EJB

It's almost always a signal level issue. The input level is either too anemic (flat line) or too hot (clipped).

Give this short procedure a try ...

Audio Recording Level Adjustment

You don't need to manually save any files (but there is a Save button on the Archive tab). The program saves everything each time you exit. There is also an auto-save option that will save your data every fifteen minutes.
I am not that familiar with electronics, at least how these things work but I would say that my input level signal is anemic. I have noticed this as well on Trunk 88 but for the Motorola system I follow it works well. The actual control channel strength, an entirely different concept for sure, is solid I am line of sight with both systems towers I would like to try on uni trunker.

My last question: When your program asks me for the tapped scanner there isnt my tapped scanner on the list, PRO2045. Can I enter in a similiar scanner on that list?

I will give the link provided a try to get to the bottom of my issues,

Thank you

Eric

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Pro-2045

I am not that familiar with electronics, at least how these things work but I would say that my input level signal is anemic. I have noticed this as well on Trunk 88 but for the Motorola system I follow it works well. The actual control channel strength, an entirely different concept for sure, is solid I am line of sight with both systems towers I would like to try on uni trunker.

My last question: When your program asks me for the tapped scanner there isnt my tapped scanner on the list, PRO2045. Can I enter in a similiar scanner on that list?

I will give the link provided a try to get to the bottom of my issues,

Thank you

Eric
First use Uniscope to see if there is a signal from your tap !

Just set up my 2045 to see if it would work with Unitrunker and it works perfect, I downloaded the program and it work with no changes, but I went into the setup and this is it,

TYPE-SIGNAL
MODE- DISCRIMINATOR
ROLE-SIGNAL
RUN-RUNNING
AUDIO PORT- MICROSOFT SOUND MAPPER
SAMPLE RATE-9600
SAMPLE SIZE-16
CHANNEL-MONO

Hope this is of some help to you setting up your system
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Systems and Unitrunker

XTS3000: I was able to get UT running on a Mot Phase 1 system, but haven't been able to get anything on a couple of EDACS systems locally. If you do get things running, post any hints you may have...
Hi OCO, I tried Unitrunker on ,

Bell Fleetnet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 Trunking System, Southwest Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

and

Niagara Frontier Transit Authority Trunking System, Buffalo, New York - Scanner Frequencies

and

Saia Communications (Buffalo #1) Trunking System, Buffalo, New York - Scanner Frequencies

also

Canquest Communication Trunking System, Niagara Region, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

All the above system worked with Unitrunker
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.