Unitrunker with Icom PCR1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
I would like to find out how can I listen to a P-25 system using a tapped scanner using Unitrunker and controling a Icom PCR1000.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
kd5dga said:
I would like to find out how can I listen to a P-25 system using a tapped scanner using Unitrunker and controling a Icom PCR1000.

Hmm. This could be lengthy, although fairly easy to do. You want to tackle one task at a time. So first on the agenda should be to download/install the latest Unitrunker, which can be found here.

Feed your tapped scanner audio into your sound card and get things set up in your audio properties on your computer so that Unitrunker can see the tapped audio coming in.

Fire up Unitrunker and go to the [R]eceivers section, select Default Sound Input as your Signal Input [unless you have multiple audio cards].

Also in the [R]eceivers section is where you are going to set up your PCR-1000 to be the "Voice Radio". At this time you can either choose to have yoru PCR-1000 hooked up to the appropriate port and configure those options, or wait to do that until you actually are seeing control channel information from the P25 control channel.

Listening is something I don't do with Unitrunker - but it is done relativelye easy. Your main concerns are the [O]ptions and [R]eceivers section

In the [O]ptions section I usually have the following on [although it doesn't have eto be configured exactly like this]:

Auto Save is ON
Signals is AUTO
Logging is ON
Display Mode: DECIMAL
Decoder is ONLINE
APCO P25 is ON
leave the last two values what they are - they should be fine
Hit ALT-S to save the settings

In the [R]eceivers section just make sure and set up Default Sound Input as your Signal Input and then configure the options below to control your PCR-1000.

That shoudl be it.

If you have your scanner turned on and tuned to an active control channel, if you have the tapped audio feeding into your sound card, if you have your audio properties configured to make use of that audio (i.e. the line or mic input is not muted in your recording settings), and if you have Unitrunker fired up, you should see some useful information on the Unitrunker screen.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.