Unitrunker woking in WINE now

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

I had always wanted get Unitrunker to run in WINE/Linux since I dumped Windows last summer and was finally able to today.

In the past couple weeks there have been to new WINE versions, 2.0 and 2.1. I didn't try installing it on 2.0 but this morning I got updated to 2.1 so I decided to install Unitrunker again and see what happened. To my surprise and amazement it works now.

So now I am running Unitrunker 1.0.32.7 on WINE 2.1 on Lubuntu 16.04.1 LTS and so far it seems to work fine except some of Unitrunker's toolbar buttons and icons don't display poperly.

I had to change the path in on the Options tab and make a custom .desktop launcher file to point to the proper folder where my old data was.
I only decode discriminator audio so I don't know if it will work with SRD dongles.
I don't have a paid RR account so I don't know if RR database import works.

nd5y

So now I am running Unitrunker 1.0.32.7 on WINE 2.1 on Lubuntu 16.04.1 LTS and so far it seems to work fine except some of Unitrunker's toolbar buttons and icons don't display poperly.
Same thing with WINE 2.2 on Lubuntu 16.04.2 LTS and 16.10. It looks like whatever prevented Unitrunker from running at all in older WINE versions has now been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.