Unitrunker xml file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highpockets

My neighbor up the street runs the same version of UT that I do, we both monitor the same trunked system, I have allot of the ID's filled in, if I send him a copy of my xml file and he copies it into his UT directory, and he runs UT on that system will my file be used by the program if he renames his file to something else or copies it to a different directory.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The computer will read Unitrunker.xml if I am correct, so if he puts your file in there (either overwriting or renaming his Unitrunker.xml beforehand) he'll read your data.

What might be better is to go to the system in your UT setup and click on the Export button (I think it's the one with the floppy disk icon). That will write a file into, I think, your main UT directory, with the name of that system as its filename. Give that file to your friend and have him import the data (using the icon of the OLD floppy disk, the black icon). That should merge his file and your file on his system.

Highpockets

The computer will read Unitrunker.xml if I am correct, so if he puts your file in there (either overwriting or renaming his Unitrunker.xml beforehand) he'll read your data.

What might be better is to go to the system in your UT setup and click on the Export button (I think it's the one with the floppy disk icon). That will write a file into, I think, your main UT directory, with the name of that system as its filename. Give that file to your friend and have him import the data (using the icon of the OLD floppy disk, the black icon). That should merge his file and your file on his system.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.