"unitrunker.xml" not being created at install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, having trouble setting up unitrunker with sdr# using the plug in by zefie.

When I install unitrunker it does not create the .xml file anywhere so when I try to place remote.dll there is nowhere to put it. Then when running sdr# and activating trunking plugin it wants me to place remote.dll to the appropriate folder, but it does not exist.

Tried searching the site and did see where similar issues arose but I am not a programmer and have very little grasp on the internal workings of operating systems.

Can anyone help me understand why I am unable to have the unitrunker.xml file created during installation of unitrunker? Thank you.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
===> Please disregard above post <===

I was able to find the file after all.

apd3190

From the start menu. I also read another post similar to mine. I also tried saving to the desktop

nd5y

I forgot where the default folder location is in Windows 7. It hides it someplace in C:\users\username\AppData.
I had to create a unitrunker folder where I could find it easily, like in C:\users\username\documents (My Documents), and set the start menu and desktop shortcuts to start in that folder.
If you ever reinstall or upgrade it you have to change the shortcuts back to the new folder.

SCPD

QRT
It's under your %APPDATA% folder. Type "%APPDATA%" in Windows Explorer to see where that is on your system. You can also click on the Folder button on the Archive tab of the main program window.

If you use the default %APPDATA% folder, you won't need to edit shortcuts each time you upgrade.

nd5y

I like to keep my unitrunker data in MyDocuments only because that is where I keep all my other stuff that I back up every day. It is easier that way.

SCPD

QRT
Tom;

Understood. Another option is to specify a data path the the main program window's Options tab.

Configuration data (like receivers and Options settings) are kept in the working folder (eg. %APPDATA%) but logs and system data go in your specified data folder. By detault, config and data folders are the same.

To apd;

Please delete your Start menu shortcuts. Somehow they point the working directory to C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\. Those folders are normally read-only. They're not meant for storing data.

Re-installing should create correct shortcuts.

nd5y

Tom;

Understood. Another option is to specify a data path the the main program window's Options tab.

I tried that once and it didn't seem to work. Now that I think about it I remember chaning that and the shortcut. I think it went to the path in the shortcut first or something.

ac0uu

Premium Subscriber
APD3190 - please tell the paths for the installation and what is in those folders as I have having some issues with getting things in the right places I think as well. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve
AC0UU

Status
Not open for further replies.