Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Find the control channel. Create a new P25 site / system in your radio with this one frequency. Set your radio monitor and Hold on this system with control data output option turned on.

Run Unitrunker for a while to accumulate additional information like voice channels and talkgroups.

How long should it take before UniTrunker will display the FREQ with other than 000.0000? I was mobile in another county for some time trying to do this one SAFE-T tower and all I ever got was about 5 channels with 000.000 which would display TG's as they talked. I stayed put in a parking lot until I seemed to attract to much interest from local LE's. When the LE's started showing up and circling my location, I felt it was time to pack up and leave the area.

BTW: The signal strength was 5 bars on the 996XT and 99% in UniTrunker where I was parked.

SCPD

QRT
I don't think SAFE-T is a P25 system. For Motorola systems, the program does it's best to infer the band. However, some systems don't provide much in the way of clues. SZ and Omnilink systems usually do. In your case the easy thing to do is manually enter the control channel frequency (the program should pull this from the radio but I've been working on other things). You can also use the bandplan wizard to set the bandplan (click on the calculator tool) for the site you're monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.