Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dufus

In the site history window on the control channel freq line I have a target that is stuck on that line. I'm still scanning other channels but the UNK (named because it was blank) stays there. Still there after a re-boot. While writing this it started flashing and also appeared on next to bottom freq, flashing there also. After about 5 seconds it quit blinking and went away on the other freq but still is showing at the control channel. Any clue what this is about? Just checked a second setup and it also has the issue.

Attachments

• site_stuck.PNG
    site_stuck.PNG
    86.7 KB · Views: 427

SCPD

QRT
Some of the newer Motorola P25 systems do this. The FCC is allowing digital ID instead of an actual Morse ID for FCC station ID. You can ignore this.

Dufus

new issue

Some of the newer Motorola P25 systems do this. The FCC is allowing digital ID instead of an actual Morse ID for FCC station ID. You can ignore this.

Thanks.

New Issue.

I lock out NOPD Dispatch3 but it still comes through. You can see by the pic it's locked out but still active.
I'm am very new with this and am trying to learn. thanks again.

Attachments

• site_lockout.jpg
    site_lockout.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 243

Dufus

OK I caught the ID changing from "xp" to "4" in the SVC column. Lock-out was obeyed during the few minutes it was in the "4" but when it changed back to "xp" it ignored the lock-out command. I saw an old post about this and I tried bumping up the rank to a number higher than 50 to no avail. Thing is other NOPD dispatch channels are also listed as "xp" with the same rank and they obey the lock-out.

(Not complaining, enjoying the heck out of Unitrunker and DSD and RR, thanks)

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
XP means cross patch. Meaning the channel is patched to another channel. In your screenshot, 29274 NOPD 2 and 29275 NOPD 3 are patched, meaning both channels carry the same traffic. I'd think that it's "overriding the lockout" because you are hearing the other channel in the patch.

Dufus

Jay911 thanks. All afternoon I've been LO anything NOPD that pops up and still can't silence the channel. If I listen to the scanner then I gotta listen to NOPD D3. Any clue which file in user/ roaming /unitrunker folder that I might edit to remove NOPD? I'd rather lose it completely than be forced to listen to it all the time.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You can't really "remove" an agency from Unitrunker because it's going to receive whatever the trunk system is sending, and it's always going to send out all the users on the system, NOPD included.

I'm not familiar with the voice operation of Unitrunker very well, because I don't use it that way (and I've never seen the point of doing that) - I just monitor the control channel and log the received data for analysis. I use regular radios/scanners for voice operations.

Your best bet (I think) is to continue locking out talkgroups that you don't want to hear, in the same way you've been doing so previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.