SDS100/SDS200: Units & Saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter2

Hi there,

If anyone could share some insight it would be appreciated. If you have all of a systems talkgroups and unit ID's, is there a way to only transmit certain units? Like, if you have a Police System, Zone 1, 2, and 3, but, you live in Zone 2. Is there a way to tune out the Zone 1 & 3 units if its all the same Talkgroup? Also, is it signal issue if sometimes a Unit doesn't show during a transmission?

In addition, is there a faster way to save a TGID or Unit then selecting the E button?

Thank you for your time and help. Have a great day.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Hi there,

If anyone could share some insight it would be appreciated. If you have all of a systems talkgroups and unit ID's, is there a way to only transmit certain units? Like, if you have a Police System, Zone 1, 2, and 3, but, you live in Zone 2. Is there a way to tune out the Zone 1 & 3 units if its all the same Talkgroup? Also, is it signal issue if sometimes a Unit doesn't show during a transmission?

In addition, is there a faster way to save a TGID or Unit then selecting the E button?

Thank you for your time and help. Have a great day.

I don’t think you what you are trying to do is possible; to avoid certain unit ids that are on a talk group. On the SDS you can only avoid System, Department, or Channel.

I’ve only programmed or modified TGIDs and Unit IDs in Sentinel. As far as I can tell, pressing “E” is the fastest way to store TGID/UnitIDs.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There is no option to filter by Unit ID. This is data that just shows up to tell you who is transmitting and nothing else. (FWIW users on the system cannot filter or select certain Units to monitor.)

No, that's as quick as it gets. There is a lot of other information association with a talkgroup ID (or frequency) and "they" take you to each segment/field, just to prompt you to think about entering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.