Unitunker-Option To Filter CTCSS Tone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Is there some location in Unitrunker 1.033.5 (preview) to notch out the CTCSS sub-audible tone? If not will there be? To me it's overbearing. I know it can be notched out or the audio band-pass lifted or narrowed off the first 110hz in which rides very close to the NFM carrier.

SCPD

QRT
There is already a filter in place for this. The filter is most effective with the SDR tuned on-frequency. If you have a high window value, some of the warble may leak through.

SCPD

QRT
There is already a filter in place for this. The filter is most effective with the SDR tuned on-frequency. If you have a high window value, some of the warble may leak through.

0.5 ppm tcxo with drift autocorrect in use always 0.0000 window value stays 33 or less. Still CTCSS tone. I can't get any closer than that. I think it is dead on frequency. The CTCSS (PL) tone is too audible. Filter isn't working if one there.

slicerwizard

Thanks me1900. Which system is this? Do you happen to know the actual tone?

The system is located here Oklahoma City Site Details (OKWIN -- Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network)

It says the connect tone is 97.3 hz
Say what? The connect tone is used on the repeater inputs. I assume the OP is monitoring the repeater outputs like the rest of us. If so, he's hearing the 300 bps low speed datastream. Its frequency content should peak at 150 Hz.

And being an analog simulcast system, I'd expect simulcast artifacts to be present and quite noticeable. Just my two cents...

SCPD

QRT
Say what? The connect tone is used on the repeater inputs. I assume the OP is monitoring the repeater outputs like the rest of us. If so, he's hearing the 300 bps low speed datastream. Its frequency content should peak at 150 Hz.

And being an analog simulcast system, I'd expect simulcast artifacts to be present and quite noticeable. Just my two cents...

Oh, I had no idea that is what it is. For the sake of proper operation monitoring OKWIN Motorola PII Smartzone I will just count it a blessing to even be able to monitor it. Thanks for all the replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi me1900;

The only suggestion I can make is to trim the window value down a bit more. Try increments of 0.125 in the correction value to get the window value to a single digit.

SCPD

QRT
Hi me1900;

The only suggestion I can make is to trim the window value down a bit more. Try increments of 0.125 in the correction value to get the window value to a single digit.

Drift is nonexistent holding at 0.0000 with squelch at 40. I don't think I want to go negative ppm. The OKWIN Motorola PII system isn't really strongest it can be in the middle of the Oklahoma City Metro. I'm having to monitor the EDACS 9600bd Provoice system. I really doubt that 300bd data hum can be eliminated now.

On a side-note, Rick, I still see a bug in Unitrunker 1.0.33.5 preview that on EDACS system after downloading from RR database 2810 It won't label the system and sticks to "Unknown" when it should say "Oklahoma City" as the system label. Still having to manually label it. No such issue on Motorola PII system.
All talk groups and frequencies are correct. It's following the system quite well though.

SCPD

QRT
I don't think I want to go negative ppm. The OKWIN Motorola PII system isn't really strongest it can be in the middle of the Oklahoma City Metro.
Earlier you said the window value was under 33. Just for sh*ts and giggles, try a few small positive or negative ppm correction values like +/- 0.25 0.375 0.5 etc. It can't hurt.

I still see a bug in Unitrunker 1.0.33.5 preview that on EDACS system after downloading from RR database 2810 It won't label the system and sticks to "Unknown" when it should say "Oklahoma City" as the system label. Still having to manually label it.

Thanks! I'll add that to the backlog.

SCPD

QRT
Rick, I am kind of apprehensive doing that even just for fun on the OKWIN system. I first tried to shift the bandpass away from the 300 baud data hum in HDSDR but it sounded off frequency. It will do the same in Unitrunker. Radio is radio in any SDR software. like I said im counting my blessings because there is no getting away from that 300 baud data hum without a audio notch filter that is flexible that hum will always be there. I'm not so sure a audio notch filter is going to do much because I just do not know if Unitrunker needs to hear it to identify the talkgroup the radio is logged into.

Status
Not open for further replies.