• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unity XG-100 Feature Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

quantar21

It is for the XG100P, it did seem to fix some bugs such as the scan nuisance delete side button. R2A26 is the latest stable version from TAC. I just loaded the radio so will have to see what else if any is different.

gesucks

Premium Subscriber
Checked online. XGP2A26 was released 3/5/14 as Rev B to 14221-110-8140. Release notes have not been posted yet and show as ""Currently Unavailable Rev B"

It is for XG25P, M5300,7200,7300, P5400,7200,7300,5500, XG75P, XG100M,XG100P CH100

quantar21

The Unity without DTMF is still a great radio, however as an owner of all three I rate the APX hands down as the king, then the Unity and Liberty. They all have their quirks.

gesucks

Premium Subscriber
you wanted DTMF.... RPM 10B dropped...

4.1 R-STATE R10B
Support has been added for XGP R3 features, including the following:
• Channel Entry for Unity XG-100P – “Select Channel/Group Number” has
been added to the shortcut menu options.
• DTMF – support has been added for XG-100P.
• A/B/C Switch for Unity XG-100P – “Three Position Switch” options
have been added under Programmable Knobs settings.
• Talk Around Indication” has been added to Conventional and P25
Conventional Systems. The selections are Disabled, Transmit Only, or
Transmit & Receive. These controls apply to Unity XG-100P and Unity
XG-100M.

Also looks like they dropped a new ref of XGP2 (rev C) this one with release notes

Last edited:

car5le

Premium Subscriber
Ok - The latest firmware for the XG-100P that activates the DTMF pad is XGPR03A09. The DTMF pad does work, but you have to have RPM 10B07 or better to activate it in the programming.

"gesucks" mentioned the "Talk Around Indication". It is a cool feature, but there are limitations. If the channel has ANY type of signalling (Type 99 paging, MDC, etc) this feature WILL NOT WORK.

Again, another Harris failure. Something we have all come to accept as routine...

DisasterGuy

I have to be honest, I really don't see the need for the talkaround indicator. Using both the 100p and 100m with CH-100 head there are so many systems and groups available and the alpha tags are long enough that it just really isn't something that I see the need for. The same goes for DTMF encode from the keypad. In the public safety LMR world, it isn't something that I have every had the need for.

Status
Not open for further replies.