unity xg-100p NYSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that the NYSP Tropp E here in the Rochester area are using the Harris Unity portables.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Some in upper Troop F as well......was looking at one Saturday. they had the repeater on and noticed the priority and off key was very annoying......even the trooper said it was odd, he wasnt very far from the car but it seemed to work ok. he was showing me some of the things it does....interesting

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen any in Troop K yet. Last Trooper I saw in Poughkeepsie 1K30 still had a MRK.

lafd55

For the new repeater system that the NYSP is installing they are using a mix of Motorola APX portables and Harris Unity portables. Just depends what troop your in.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Can you elaborate a little more on the repeater system that NYSP is installing?

lafd55

A 800 Mhz vehicle repeater will be installed. This will be connected to the mobile VHF radio.

So to make it simple.... Where a trooper has no signal on his portable and too far from car, he can switch to 800 and that signal will go to car and then transmitted on the mobile VHF...

PJH

Premium Subscriber
As stated on another board...

The Unity's are being issued in the Albany/Capital area, APX7000's for the rest of the state as they phase them in.

They are using Futurecomm VRS...aka just like the old Motorola PAC-RT's, (range extenders, mobile extenders) or whatever you want to call them.

lafd55

As stated on another board...

The Unity's are being issued in the Albany/Capital area, APX7000's for the rest of the state as they phase them in.

They are using Futurecomm VRS...aka just like the old Motorola PAC-RT's, (range extenders, mobile extenders) or whatever you want to call them.

I think you have the radios mixed matched... Everyone I see in troop G(Capital District/Capital) has an APX portable...

Status
Not open for further replies.