Universal Radio closing November 30, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Fred and Barbara Osterman, the people behind Universal Radio in Worthington (Columbus), Ohio, are retiring and closing the store permanently on November 30, 2020. Existing customer orders will be fulfilled.

Their letter to their customers here:

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Rats, I call them first to check stock and then order new and occasionally used gear.

gtaman

Sad to see them go. Excellent prices and I loved going to the store and playing with all the new equipment. Hopefully someone picks up where they are leaving off. Not many brick and mortar places to get parts anymore.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
1606004567435.png

Sad. I've been doing business with them for over 50 years. I'll miss everybody and all the cats & kittens! :)

N6JPA

A Ham Radio Operator With too much frequency.
Fred and Barbara Osterman, the people behind Universal Radio in Worthington (Columbus), Ohio, are retiring and closing the store permanently on November 30, 2020. Existing customer orders will be fulfilled.

Their letter to their customers here:
I've been a customer for over twenty years. Thanks to the owners and staff for their excellent service.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
My first non-kit radio came from them when they were in Reynoldsburg. In 1991 I picked up a Sony 2010 there. Still have the radio and the original receipt. In their latest location, they were a left, right, left and left and about 8 minutes. :)

--
Mike

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Hate to see them go. I have made many purchases there and one of the first places I check for prices and specs on a product I'm interested in.

MrThompson

As a customer for almost 30 years, thank you Fred and Barbara for the excellent customer service and conversations.

Colin

palmerjrusa

Sad to see Universal Radio closing, it was my favorite place to go to out at Reynoldsburg when I came to the US, it has the best virtual storefront of any of the Amateur Radio retailers.

Unless the decision to close was a recent one, I wonder why they relocated so recently?
It doesn't sound like anyone else is going to keep the business going.

nevesjerry

Unbelievable! Such nice group of people. Why is there a constant demise of places like this? Is it because people don’t buy enough merchandise? Hope the employees get together and purchase the business! Sad!

palmerjrusa

Unbelievable! Such nice group of people. Why is there a constant demise of places like this? Is it because people don’t buy enough merchandise? Hope the employees get together and purchase the business! Sad!

Would be great if they did, but I wonder just how economically viable it is at present or would be in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.