Universal Scanner Audio Player

deim

Universal Scanner Audio Player developer
After I click apply and try to read or if already read the files it crashes, works fine if I do not uncheck HEX

View attachment 94858
How it crashes? Just closed without any error message or frozen?
Checked it on my laptop and PC. Works well with about 150000 files.
Can you send me csv file with all your files. I think issue with code value in some files. Or you can sort you files and try to find something like abnormal NAC code.

deim

Thanks to @Saint! Finded bug with LTR system TGID. In the Universal Scanner Audio Player TGID and UID - integer data types. In LTR system we have values like this A-BB-CCC, where A-[0,1];BB-[1...20];CCC-[1...254]. (more info Logic Trunked Radio - The RadioReference Wiki)
Unfortunately this bug is located very very deep in the code and i won't be able to fix it in short time.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to @Saint! Finded bug with LTR system TGID. In the Universal Scanner Audio Player TGID and UID - integer data types. In LTR system we have values like this A-BB-CCC, where A-[0,1];BB-[1...20];CCC-[1...254]. (more info Logic Trunked Radio - The RadioReference Wiki)
Unfortunately this bug is located very very deep in the code and i won't be able to fix it in short time.
OK glad to help out if you need any more Audio files please let me know, or if you need any other audio files from different systems let me know.
Steve

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
@deim I'm finding that 3.0.2 is not saving/displaying LTR talkgroup IDs recorded in ID Search mode. I will send a zipfile of my recordings to your Gmail account in a minute.

deim

@deim I'm finding that 3.0.2 is not saving/displaying LTR talkgroup IDs recorded in ID Search mode. I will send a zipfile of my recordings to your Gmail account in a minute.
Thanks for info. this is known issue. I will fix this bug in the version 3.0.3. New version will be done in next week.

deim

I need you help, guys. Need next types of files:
  1. Whistler LTR au files.
  2. Uniden LTR in Scan mode
  3. Uniden LTR in Search with Scan mode

deim

New version Universal Scanner Audio player 3.0.3

Changes:

• changed CSV and M3U export process and default filenames. Now it uses current date and time as file name.
  • changed favorite alias length. now limited by 25 symbols.
  • add new transmission types for Uniden scanners*.
  • add window size and position saving.
  • add debud mode (read manual for more information)
  • add signal level for Icom R30 and Aor DV10 scanners.
  • add russian manual
  • add Tgid Name column for ltr tgids.
  • fix bug with Uniden Uid Name parsing.
  • fix bug with Tgid in private call for Home Patrol.
  • fix bug incorrect folder showing in status bar.
  • fix bug with long empty strings for Whistler scanners.

* now the program can parse next transmission types(if uniden scanner write it to the file):
MotoTRBO Capacity+
MotoTRBO Connect+
DMR Tier 1/2
DMR Tier 3
Icom IDAS NXDN
P25 voice channel
NXDN 4800
NXDN 9600
NXDN 4800 NEXEDGE
NXDN 9600 NEXEDGE
NXDN
ProVoice
P25 Phase 2 slot 0
P25 Phase 2 slot 1
X2 slot 0
X2 slot 1
Hytera DMR

Last edited:

Ubbe

The program works fine and never crashes now. But if I play a Whistler file it seems to hold on to that file and when doing a delete of several files it says that a file could not be deleted and it is that last played Whistler file. I then mark it again and delete it. It never happens to Uniden files.

It's no big issue if I keep track of what files I delete, as the popup box doesn't say the name of the file and the player doesn't have any info of what file it has played. It doesn't matter if I let the player run till it stops or if I click on the stop button. I need it to play a Uniden file to avoid that problem.

/Ubbe

deim

The program works fine and never crashes now. But if I play a Whistler file it seems to hold on to that file and when doing a delete of several files it says that a file could not be deleted and it is that last played Whistler file. I then mark it again and delete it. It never happens to Uniden files.

It's no big issue if I keep track of what files I delete, as the popup box doesn't say the name of the file and the player doesn't have any info of what file it has played. It doesn't matter if I let the player run till it stops or if I click on the stop button. I need it to play a Uniden file to avoid that problem.

/Ubbe

Hi Ubbe! I will check it and fix as soon as possible.

deim

I wish to express my gratitude for the DSDPlus team and Bob Aune (@ProScan)! This guys answered for my requests and added metadata headers in they audio files.
Thanks a lot again!
In ver 3.0.4 I will added ProScan files support, DSDPlus mp3/wav( from ver. 2.289) and exporting DSDPlus records from wav + srt/mp3 + srt files.

Reconrider

I wish to express my gratitude for the DSDPlus team and Bob Aune (@ProScan)! This guys answered for my requests and added metadata headers in they audio files.
Thanks a lot again!
In ver 3.0.4 I will added ProScan files support, DSDPlus mp3/wav( from ver. 2.289) and exporting DSDPlus records from wav + srt/mp3 + srt files.
Dang, I read to quickly and thought you said this version was supporting dsd+ lol.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

Just curious if you have info on when it will be ready?

deim

Hi!

Can anyone send me Uniden Trunk discovery files with NXDN, P25 X2 TDMA, LTR, EDACS systems. I need this files for testing new Uniden Discovery import feature.

b52hbuff

I am having an issue with Version 3.0.3 when playing back audio files from my SDS100.

I am scanning/recording a set of digital frequencies in conventional mode with the audio option set to Digital Code Search. These frequencies are "MotoTRBO Capacity+", "DMR Tier 1/2", and "DMR Tier 3". My intent is to capture Color Codes, and TGIDs while I'm trying to figure out how to properly program the system.

All of the displayed TGID values (for every system listed above) are 16711680, which works out to 0xff0000.

Anyone else see this? And how do I send in log files?

I just went into the actual recorded file to see what the file's metadata looked like. The metadata stored in the file's "Comments" tag shows the correct TGID field. It is only in the Scanner Recorder display that the data is incorrect.

One last update, the UID fields are also not populated. Can't find the ID3 tag where this should be stored.

Last edited:

b52hbuff

I wanted to add that the program is really great for going through old recordings I didn't have the patience to review. Filtering, and sorting makes it really easy to focus the monitoring to help identify unknowns.

Anyway, I wanted to report another issue. I am using Version 3.0.3. I am reviewing a file made with the HP-1. It is running the latest firmware.

I am listening to conventional frequencies that have DCS tones recorded. USAR does not display the "Code". The field shows "No Tone" for all recordings. I know that these frequencies had tones, because the tone was set in the HP-1 configuration file.