Universal Scanner Audio Player

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I am listening to conventional frequencies that have DCS tones recorded. USAR does not display the "Code". The field shows "No Tone" for all recordings. I know that these frequencies had tones, because the tone was set in the HP-1 configuration file.

Doesn't mean the tone was written in the meta data the program reads.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't mean the tone was written in the meta data the program reads.
Correct. But two points. The tone is displayed on the HP-1 in playback mode, so I'm guessing the Tone information is recorded somewhere in the file.

...and looking here...
Wave_File_Format_and_Contents_r3.pdf (uniden.com)

...it looks like the data is recorded in the file.

Do you have any additional information that shows the data isn't written? Or there is some known bug that prevents Tone information from being recorded in the WAV file?

UPDATE:
Just verified again, and playing conventional recordings back on HP-1 built in replay function does show recorded and pre-configured DCS tones on conventional frequencies...

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Correct. But two points. The tone is displayed on the HP-1 in playback mode, so I'm guessing the Tone information is recorded somewhere in the file.

...and looking here...

Do you have any additional information that shows the data isn't written? Or there is some known bug that prevents Tone information from being recorded in the WAV file?

That's a question for @deim

deim

Universal Scanner Audio Player developer

...and looking here...

UPDATE:
Just verified again, and playing conventional recordings back on HP-1 built in replay function does show recorded and pre-configured DCS tones on conventional frequencies...
Hi! Please send me files from your HP-1 and SDS100 by email.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Hi! Please send me files from your HP-1 and SDS100 by email.

Thanks! How about I share here?

Link above goes into my Microsoft OneDrive cloud drive. There are two subdirectories:
Conventional_NoTone -HP-1 files of conventional analog frequencies that do not display configured/discovered tone.

No_TGID - SDS100 files of digital frequencies monitored/recorded in Conventional mode with Digital Code Search. These recordings properly display Color Code, but do not display recorded TGID. All TGIDs display as 0xff0000.

Each subdirectory has a ReadMe and multiple files.

Please let me know if you have any issues reading the files off of the cloud service. And please let me know when you've grabbed the files so I can delete them.

deim

Thanks! How about I share here?

Link above goes into my Microsoft OneDrive cloud drive. There are two subdirectories:
Conventional_NoTone -HP-1 files of conventional analog frequencies that do not display configured/discovered tone.

No_TGID - SDS100 files of digital frequencies monitored/recorded in Conventional mode with Digital Code Search. These recordings properly display Color Code, but do not display recorded TGID. All TGIDs display as 0xff0000.

Each subdirectory has a ReadMe and multiple files.

Please let me know if you have any issues reading the files off of the cloud service. And please let me know when you've grabbed the files so I can delete them.

I downloaded files. Thanks

deim

This is code DCS:134? Can you record for me HP-1 files with CTCSS and NAC codes?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Does this program do the ICOM R30?

Reconrider

Oh wow i somehow missed that comment when I searched for it

deim

Universal Scanner Audio player 3.0.4

Changes:

• Added the support of audio files recorded by ProScan. Since Proscan version 17.2
  • Added the support of "per-call" audio files recorded by DSDPlus. Since DSDplusFL version 2.289.
  • Added the support of audio files recorded by DSDPlus with srt files.*
  • Added the partial support of audio files recorded by AOR DV-1.**
  • Added the support of Uniden Discovery Logs.
  • Added the support of converting wav files to the mp3 files.
  • Added Delete key binding.
  • Fixed deleting multi-transmission audio files.
  • Fixed deleting Whistler audio files.
  • Fixed AOR DV-10 squelch type and value.
  • Fixed bug with SDS100 TGID value 0xFF0000.

*This type of DSDPlus files import as follows.
My application search silens blocks in audio files:
Silent blocks.jpg
Audio file splits by this silens block and then application get information about transmissions between silens block from srt file. This method works not for all transmissions.
Sometimes there is now silence between audio transmissions or it is very short. My tests show about 90-95% of hitting in the beginning and the end of transmissions.

** For AOR DV-1 get only date and time for the first transmission in audio file.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
I
This is code DCS:134? Can you record for me HP-1 files with CTCSS and NAC codes?

I'm glad you were able to retrieve the WAV files from the cloud storage. Thanks for fixing the '0xff0000' TGID bug.

I will try and get you some more HP-1 files. Using the cloud to get you files makes it easier to get you a lot of data. What works for you? Only one example file, or many files to give you more test cases?

Please find below a frequency chart for the HP-1 analog files. It shows the various NAC tones for the different frequencies.

1612719065692.png

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber

Yes, I can. ;)

I uploaded two new subdirectories.
HP-1_AnalogTone
HP-1_DigitalNAC

Please read the ReadMe.txt files in the respective subdirectories to better understand what was recorded.

Files are in the same file location as before. I'll copy it below for your convenience. I left the last set of files there, but I think I can deleted them now.

Please let me know when you're done with the files, and I'll delete them. Thanks for all of your hard work.

USAR_Samples - OneDrive (live.com)

Ubbe

In the old version I could adjust the playback volume for wav and for ua files. Would it be possible to adjust the ua volume to 0.6 if wav have 1.0 ?
My TRX files are twice as loud as Unidens files.

/Ubbe

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I can. ;)

I uploaded two new subdirectories.
HP-1_AnalogTone
HP-1_DigitalNAC

Please read the ReadMe.txt files in the respective subdirectories to better understand what was recorded.

Files are in the same file location as before. I'll copy it below for your convenience. I left the last set of files there, but I think I can deleted them now.

Please let me know when you're done with the files, and I'll delete them. Thanks for all of your hard work.

USAR_Samples - OneDrive (live.com)
I don't know if you got to these recorded files.

I found a couple of more issues and provided you some more files for your review. I put them in the following subdirectories.

2021_02_02_NoUID - Recordings of a Motorola DMR system in Conventional mode with Digital Code Search enabled. USAP does not display UID.

2021_02_02_NoSysID - Recordings of a Motorola CON+ system. in Conventional mode with Digital Code Search enabled. USAP does not display SysID and also does not display UID.

SDS100 is running latest firmware. USAP is 3.0.4.

Please let me know when you're done with the files, and I'll start deleting them. And let me know if you have any problems getting to them.

Thanks for all of your hard work. Looking forward to helping you squash more bugs. ;)