Universal Scanner Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

busunlimited

Premium Subscriber
First let me say thank you Uniden for the HP-1 and the original first (Knox) TrunkTracker scanner.

I suggest that you combine two technologies and creat the Universal Scanner. Take the features of the HP-1 that utilizes the RR database and combine this with an internet radio like circuit that would use a WIFI connection to utilize the Live Audio portion of RR. Whenever the user had a WIFi connection, the user could scan in all 50 states, Canada and the world. In the user's localized area the user could do RF scanning to stay in communication when WIFI is not available or the agency is not represented in the live audio database. It might even be possible to do both types of scans at once. A user of the scanner could realize a dream of being able to sit in Texas and scan local agencies and at the same time scan New York City.

I for one would be willing to pay a bit of a premium for such a device.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I think the Wifi part is good idea... No connecting it to the computer, just use a open wifi network to update.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Universal

A bit of a premium would be an under statement. A 500 dollar HP-1 with a 100 dollar enhancement and you still can't scan anything and the weather band at the same time. I use Scanner Live and listen to multiple feeds that are out of my area and or state. Turn my laptop on and enter my local feed that someone streams plus anything else like you mentioned. Scanner Live will scan 10 feeds on each bank. 10 banks-1 bank at a time. For me it would be too busy as I always have more than one scanner on at home or work.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Wifi

I thing the Wifi part would have been available by now. Everything else is wifi anymore. I have a weather forecaster made by LaCrosse that cost about 35.00 and it updates constantly with a 4 day forecast anywhere I tell it to plus the indoor and outdoor temps. A small transmitter plugs into the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.