University at Albany Police now on the City's system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I had not heard anything from the University at Albany Police on 854.9625 in several days...a frequency they have been on for uptown campus traffic since around 2000. Today I started monitoring their "Downtown" talk group on the City of Albany's trunked public safety system (sysid BB37, talk group 53968) and this is now carrying all of their traffic, uptown and downtown campuses.

I'll keep an ear on the old 800 conventional frequency to see if this is permanent or not.

As a side note, I haven't heard anything on the VHF "SSA" channel lately either...but that was not as active to start with...it carried traffic for the unarmed security assistants.

Power Plant and 5 Quads are still active on their regular VHF channels.

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
i believe this is gonna a permament thing as i believe there condensing the suny tgs to one bank

Last edited:

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
And now they are back on 854.9625 MHz again tonight (with the usual low audio from the field units). I was hearing them on the trunked system until tonight.

I did hear some SSA activity on VHF as well, so that's still around.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I'm less than 10 miles away, with antennas in the attic. The 800 conventional channel is borderline here. The VHF channels (Power Plant especially) do MUCH better.

I think I looked up the coordinates once on the FCC database and the 800 channel repeater antenna is on the Science Library, whereas Plant and 5-Quads antennas are on State and Dutch towers respectively. I can't recall where the SSA channel was.

Status
Not open for further replies.