University Of Kentucky P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I recently submitted some TGID's to RR for the UK P25 System. Some of those TGID's were channels where I heard specific radio traffic for certain buildings on campus but it also appears that University operations do work in zones/posts. I have scanned the Secondary Dispatch channel and it appears that some traffic coming threw is encrypted, like the PD Dsp channel it is only partial encryption. During the day is when OPS Channels light up like a Christmas tree, Durning the night is when PD, Parking, And Secondary dispatch is most active and that is when the partial encryption appears the most. Can anyone give any info to me that would show it is possible they have partially encrypted that channel.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Update: After further scanning it appears that the University Of Kentucky Phase 2 System not only serves the main campus and hospitals but the northern part of fayette county and those buildings. The FCC license states that it's a 2 site simulcast. I have only been able to pick up the second tower which is Eastern State Hospital and got 1 Talkgroup. The old EDACS served all UK Services, any ideas on how to get around this simulcat blockage to scan the second tower, so far all traffic is unreadable.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Update as of today,

The TRS has a lot of new Talkgroups if you have checked lately. When I started updating it regularly one talk group I was confused by was UK EMS to UKMC which is TG 1752 which I haven't heard any traffic on at all since I've been monitoring however lately more 17xx Talk Groups have been popping up and all seem to be encrypted. Looking back at the old EDACS TRS it appears that they had talk groups for Student Government, The college of agriculture, and UKMC Emergency room talk groups. Since this is a 2 Site simulcast site Student Government and Farm talk groups would more than likely be on that tower and not on the UK Campus Tower, I believe that these 17xx talk groups are Medical Center Internal Operation talk groups for ER Triage, Events, Etc. When monitoring this system and a call for assistance is Dispatched on the Campus Safety talk group for a call at one of the hospitals these channels seem to pop up.

Also, event channels have been mostly found and mapped accordingly to the correct service, most UK Maintenance have been mapped and named accordingly.

The Wiki page for the system is where you can find most information and channel matrix's that have been created and posted by be.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
New Update,

2 talk groups have been updated today on the TRS, UKMC Triage and UKMC ER Channel 2 have been named and posted. It's worth noting that all UK Hospitals have the ability to operate on this system at any given time. Goodsam Hospital internal ops may very well be on this TRS since there are no fcc licenses for conventional ops in their name. 11xx Talkgroups are mainly UKPD and Talk group 1186 had some radio testing on it this week and the week prior. 10xx Talkgroup might be interconnected with the LFUCG P25 system, during football games Lexington Fire has had a larger presence lately and has been operating on UK EMS Dispatch and EMS Tac 1. The only time I have seen 10xx Talkgroup is during events on campus. Campus Safety has unit numbers like 6xx and 8xx, rather than calling into dispatch or radio they call into posts, Post 8 is UKMC/Albert Chandler Hospital Security Office, and post 13 is Goodsam Hosp Security Office. My Mistake on naming UKPD Dispatch "Dispatch" when really I should have named it UKPD "Patrol 1" since that is the official term used by all agencies on and off-campus. Also lately, UKPD is operating on the UK Hospital Security channel rather than calling Posts or a supervisor when needing assistance or communicating, unit numbers that were noted on the 17xx talk groups are also calling on the UK Hospital Security Channel when needing assistance.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Update tonight,

I checked my logs tonight and it appears that Talk group 1752 which is UK EMS - Hospital. Last night between 5 minutes the channel was keyed up and spoken on 56 times, not sure if traffic was encrypted or not. I was not at my desk at the time however the last keyup to the channel was at 00:57:28.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Update today,

Physical Plant & all maintenance are now using the TRS full time. I have monitored the old LTR system of events and have heard nothing over the past year so at this point, the event LTR is a backup to the main P25 TRS.

UK Healthcare security for Eastern State Hospital is now using this TRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.