University of Toronto at Mississauga Campus Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

polo_762

Hey all,
I'm a student at the University of Toronto (at Mississauga, also known as Erindale College). I usually monitor the Region of Peel, but have been wondering about the frequencies used by my Campus Police Service. I know that the Downtown (st. george) U of T Campus Cops are on 451.7000 with a DPL of 412.

The Portables used by the Used by UTM Campus Police are of the I-com variety I believe, so I'm guessing that rules out an LTR style type of system. I'm thinking a simple repeater based kind of setup, possibly with a PL or a DPL tone. I've tried Close Call on my 246T, but to no avail....any ideas?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I seem to recall UTM is on 451.7000 as well.

From what I've been told, Mississauga, St. George and Scarborough are all on the same channel.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
Odd that U of T Campus Police is not listed in TAFL on 451.7000mhz. Is anyone aware of any other "Special Police" that fall under Industry Canada's exeption from being publically listed in TAFL???

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Well, UofT "Police" aren't actually Police, rather Special Constables, just like the TTC guys, so I doubt they would have "protected" status on the TAFL. They used to be Police, back in the day, and were allowed to use the name Police. However, that's changed, if you look at their cars.

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
This is what I have on file for U OF T ErinDale Campus Police in Mississauga

462.5125 TPL-173.9

R6

polo_762

Do you mean 462.5125 PL 173.8? 173.9 doesn't seem to want to go into my 246....

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
polo_762 said:
Do you mean 462.5125 PL 173.8? 173.9 doesn't seem to want to go into my 246....

Just put the PL in auto and try it out.. If i am down their again this week i will do some testing i see the campus police often down their... Take your 246 and do a close call when near them you should pick something up if they are chatting on the radio...

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Tx Rx Location Licensee
469.2500 469.2500 MISSISSAUGA, ONT. ERINDALE COLLEGE UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO, MGR OF SYSTEMS, TORONTO ON

Thats what i found in a search on TAFL

polo_762

I've tried the 469.2500 frequency, and also close call.

Any idea what the range on a Close call feature is? I mean, how close do I have to be....if I'm close to their repeater (I know where it is, on top of the South Building on Campus) will close call work?

I'll keep listening and keep you all posted if I find something.

Cheers

If I remember correctly, 469.25 is some sort of paging frequency. When I was at UTM a few years ago, UTM Police were on 460.8625 and all Facilities staff were on 452.5275. Obviously, there is not too much radio traffic, but check those frequencies out and let us know if you find them active still.

At that time, UTSc Police were on 452.5275, but I believe they are now on the St. George channel (451.7) and are dispatched by St. George.

Chrome69 said:
Tx Rx Location Licensee
469.2500 469.2500 MISSISSAUGA, ONT. ERINDALE COLLEGE UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO, MGR OF SYSTEMS, TORONTO ON

Thats what i found in a search on TAFL

polo_762

452.5375....was that for Facilities? or Campus Police....was there a PL tone? I think they got new radios at the beginning of the previous academic school year...but I'll keep my ear to the ground.

polo_762

Wait a tick, I think I might've struck gold!
Close call tells me 452.5375 PL 131.8.....stay tuned for confirmation

pathalogical

exkalibur said:
Well, UofT "Police" aren't actually Police, rather Special Constables, just like the TTC guys, so I doubt they would have "protected" status on the TAFL. They used to be Police, back in the day, and were allowed to use the name Police. However, that's changed, if you look at their cars.
Does the word 'police' mean they are armed ?

polo_762

Not as such. They are sworn in as "Special Constables" and have the same powers as police (ie arrest, search and seizure) on Campus property. Our guys are currently armed with ASPs, and carry cuffs, etc. No guns....

FYI, the new cruiser here in Mississauga says "University Police" I know the cruisers down town say U of T Special Constable.....interesting contrast

Can anyone confirm my earlier finding of 452.5375 PL 131.8? I'm not hearing much at all, but then, its really quiet out here, they could go all night without a call. As far as terminology, they use 10 codes and the terms 'Mobile' and 'Control'....hopefully I'll catch one using their radio so I can 100% know if the above is their actual frequency..
And I'm rambling....so I'll stop

452.5375 was definitely Facilities (i.e., maintenance, engineering, grounds) staff a few years ago and 460.8625 was definitely UTM Police at that time. I heard rumours that they went with the "Mike" system, but if you still see them using portable radios, I'll bet their frequencies haven't changed.

polo_762 said:
Not as such. They are sworn in as "Special Constables" and have the same powers as police (ie arrest, search and seizure) on Campus property. Our guys are currently armed with ASPs, and carry cuffs, etc. No guns....

FYI, the new cruiser here in Mississauga says "University Police" I know the cruisers down town say U of T Special Constable.....interesting contrast

Can anyone confirm my earlier finding of 452.5375 PL 131.8? I'm not hearing much at all, but then, its really quiet out here, they could go all night without a call. As far as terminology, they use 10 codes and the terms 'Mobile' and 'Control'....hopefully I'll catch one using their radio so I can 100% know if the above is their actual frequency..
And I'm rambling....so I'll stop

Status
Not open for further replies.