Unk SLC AC33 TG1152

Status
Not open for further replies.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Not sure waht is happening. Saw activity on Trunker and took a listen. Command Center is making comms checks with multiple units. Strange thing is all units and Cmd Cntr have the same RID, 45526. Two units have bad radios. First started listening @ 23:00 Local.

qlajlu

Silent Key
TG 1152 historically has been used as the Mobil Watch in SLC. In several of the more "active" neighborhoods in the NW part of the city they had trained civilian observers driving the streets and if they saw anything suspicious or witnessed a crime, their job was to get license numbers and be a good witness. They would also use a city issued radio to get a police presence almost immediately. Now they are using that TG as a "APB" channel which all cars monitor (scan). That might account for the same RID.

I've had my scanners running tonight, but I haven't heard anything "pop." Seems like business as usual for a Friday night. Course I have not been paying real close attention since I have had my nose in a book given to me last Saturday!

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Just heard a comms check (10 units) and it now sounds like they are looking for DUI/DWI's. Some units are mobile, others are at fixed locations. They reported that they will be stopping at midnight.
As a side note, what time do the bars close in Salt Lake on a friday night?

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
This TG was used by the volunteer "street by street" searcher yesterday for the missing girl.

Utah_Viper

I can confirm it was being used by CERT teams to check-in during the teams. I didnt even have my scanner, but there had to be tons of different comms.

My group was based in the church, but also had the front of the Metro Rehab Motorhome. That was the motorhome that CERT and ARES comms were based as well. I saw many hams I knew fomr days past and was really good to get a good response from ARES.

Status
Not open for further replies.