Unknown 10m signal 28.107MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greggtheham

Curious if anyone is hearing a digital type signal-likely FSK, on abt 28.105MHz. I don’t know of any commercial beacons or “home automation” or signalling devices off hand, but suspect it’s something coming via “ground-wave“ within my area of FN04...(40km North of Toronto) . It seems to be active constantly, but is just above noise floor on my FT857d. Anyone else hear something on 28.105..best heard using SSB...tnx

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
Well this is interesting...

I just took a look at 28.105 and there is a signal there. It's a steady S3 signal with no QSB. I get a few birdies on 10 and 6 from the computers/monitors/chargers etc that I'm running in the shack, so I don't pay much attention to the odd weak steady signal like this.

I'm in EO10, 30 miles North West of Winnipeg. 10 meters is completley dead right now so I doubt we're hearing the same thing..

Out of curiosity, I tuned to the second harmonic at 56.210 Mhz. Sure enough I see/hear the same signal there, so in my case it is a birdie. I'm not sure what's causing it.. (Don't want to start turning off things right now :) ).

It could be that you, or a neighbor might have the same piece of equipment (or something with the same clock frequency) causing a birdie on 28.105 Mhz. I recorded mine. Does your signal sound like this --> https://ve4cy.net/misc-images/10M-28105.WAV

Greggtheham

Hi and tnx for checking...No, the signal doesn’t sound like your sample ...I May upload an audio file of it, but there doesn't seem to be much “local” group interests . I think your correct; it is a local wireless device transmitting data. It is also appearing at 28.0705 MHz. I‘ll upload samples for the record and any future searches. Need to do it from my laptop so will post tomorrow. Tnx agn for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.