Unknown 155.010 Mhz P25 heard from St. Charles County

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlouisx50

I have got a few seconds of P25 Digital Signal on 155.010 mhz. Whenever I hear it , it's for brief periods, nothing long enough for me to analyze.

Anyone have an idea who it could be? I did a search and found a few stations that it could be, however am unsure if it's one of those licenses listed.

I have heard the signal from around Northern Wentzville, MO and also around Southern O'Fallon, MO. Both signals are very weak.

Stlouisx50

Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I sat on this one very late last night and again today but so far only clear analog talk.

I've not even heard enough chatter yet to determine whom I'm hearing but I'll assume it is just Ferguson as the signal level here is about what they would be in my area.

I'll report back if I do hear any digital modes.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin

162 NAC

KSD589

Sheriff: Dispatch [Ch 1] (was 131.8 PL)

Bond County Sheriff's
Department
Bond County IL

stlouisx50

Thanks Terry. I suppose the distance between Bond County and My area are why I can only pickup a Digital Signal with no audio. Makes total sense.

I can pick up stations up to about 77 miles away so I would bet you are right.

Thanks again!

Stlouisx50

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I finally heard the P25 signal last evening. In fact I had 100% decode from it which surprised me.
It also had the 162 NAC that Terry mentioned. I was able to cross some streets heard and they also showed up in Bond County.

I'm not sure if they just don't talk much or if something affects my reception here as I can go hours without a hint of a P25 signal.
I even sat an analog receiver on the freq just in case I was getting a weak signal but it never opens the squelch either except for when the more local analog guys come on.
I'd imagine I'm just getting spotty signals as I get the same from some further away analog systems over in Illinois.
I can't say I ever monitored Bond County when they were analog so I can't say if their signal is better or worse now that they are P25.
Kinda neat picking up a P25 signal from the distance though!
I usually only try for analog systems at that distance. I have picked up some of Amerens new P25 sites at far distances such as the Bond county signal as well as their old Edacs sites but I have a nice yagi for the 800 band. I wish I could put up a VHF yagi but being in an apartment kinda rules that idea out.

stlouisx50

Update!

Update, this morning I was able to get enough of a signal to decode some audio, surprisingly the officer said he was out on a traffic stop on I-44. That's all I could pick up.

I have not had time to search the database, but am anxious to find out who I am hearing with the P25 on I-44.

I don't recall every programing in 155.010 while taking a trip down to Springfield, MO and hearing a P25 signal at that.

If anyone has any info , please inform us.

Thanks

Stlouisx50

stlouisx50

Now I am really stumped. I searched the database yesterday and found nothing along I-44 that used P25 per FCC Emission.

Maybe I didn't hear I-44 or maybe they switched to P25 and haven't changed it with the FCC?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Now I am really stumped. I searched the database yesterday and found nothing along I-44 that used P25 per FCC Emission.

Maybe I didn't hear I-44 or maybe they switched to P25 and haven't changed it with the FCC?

I've been sitting on this one and did not hear anything that mentioned I-44.

I'm keeping a radio on it just in case. I can't imagine who it may be other then the confirmed users.

There is not all that many departments along 44 within radio range for that matter other than the normal County police and a few small munis if you think about it. And then of course the city of st. louis. I wonder if maybe someone has some type of crossband patch setup between the city and whomever it was that you heard? Interesting regardless.

Do post back if you copy any more interesting mysteries on this frequency! I'll do the same of course.

stlouisx50

I monitored the frequency this morning while I got ready for work but did not pick up anything. I have done a frequency auto store from 150.000 - 162.000 a few weeks ago and have not heard any other P25 in that range besides St. Charles County. I will let try to do a autostore scan today while I am at work and see if I can't get any new frequencies.

My only thoughts were that I was receiving under the best of conditions and things change pretty fast, as well as they may be on another frequency, but being I have not heard any P25 transmissions on anything I have stored, I wonder if this is the case.

I will indeed let everyone know.

Jason

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
155.010 is a pretty common local PD frequency. Could be almost anyone. Don't count on every emission following the letter of the law (or license).

The Bond County IL Sheriff dumped Starcom and went back to VHF on 155.010, and is using P25.

stlouisx50

155.010 is a pretty common local PD frequency. Could be almost anyone. Don't count on every emission following the letter of the law (or license).

The Bond County IL Sheriff dumped Starcom and went back to VHF on 155.010, and is using P25.

Then it could possibly be a city down off I-44 then that I heard. I checked the city limits on the map and it did touch 44. I have not heard anything else for a while. I did auto-stores and found nothing additional that was digital.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Then it could possibly be a city down off I-44 then that I heard. I checked the city limits on the map and it did touch 44. I have not heard anything else for a while. I did auto-stores and found nothing additional that was digital.

I also monitored this one a good part of the weekend and only heard analog talk this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.