Unknown AC33 TG's (Airport?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGLHOOK

I was scanning the AC33 system the other day in open mode and picked up a few new TG's that have no info for them in the DB. Some of them I caught some traffic on, others I just happen to catch an ID before it started to scan again.

53056-Airport? talking about garbage cans

53440- Air break

53760- Airport Fire- Heard them doing fire training at the Fire Plane

54048- Air break

56160- Air break (shows in the "SLC Water" group in the DB)

Last edited:

LGLHOOK

Tg-53344 (ac33)

This was confirmed "Airport Shuttle Buses" on 3-22-08 @ 21:24 hrs. I will submit this to the DB
Submitted 3-22-08

Last edited:

LGLHOOK

Tg-53312 (ac33)

This has been confirmed as "Airport Shuttle Buses - Ch.B" I heard them on TG-53344 say goto Bravo and this is where they ended up.
Submitted 3-22-08

Last edited:

LGLHOOK

TG-53280 (ac33)

This has been confirmed as "Airport Ops- A" I heard traffic "Control 680 on Ops Alpha"
Submited 3-22-08

Last edited:

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Are TGs 976 and 736 (listed as Shuttle Vans A and B) still used, or have they been replaced by 53344 and 53312?

LGLHOOK

theaton said:
Are TGs 976 and 736 (listed as Shuttle Vans A and B) still used, or have they been replaced by 53344 and 53312?

I am scanning both systems open right now to see any similar TG's and I am NOT hearing traffic on the Airport Simo for the Shuttle Buses at the same time I am hearing the talk on the AC33 system, my guess is with all the new TG's popping up on the AC33 system, they have been moved to the AC33 system.

Last edited:

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring AC33 (SLC TRS) during the day, for three weeks now. This is what I've got (so far) that is different from the RR database:

TG 00704 was ID'ed as Liberty
TG 00736 was ID'ed as Pioneer
TG 00832 was ID'ed as Ch-4
TG 00864 was ID'ed as Ch-3
TG 53344 was ID'ed as Ch-C
TG 53824 was ID'ed as Ch-A
TG 56096 is used for Turn-ons and Shut-offs
TG 56128 is not Ch-2A (1 of the other TG's is)
TG 56224 is not Irrigation (1 of the other TG's is)
TG 56256 I've ID'ed as SLC Streets Dept

Add:
TG 01344 Red 4 & 5 Radio Checks w/ Control
TG 52992 I've ID'ed as SLIA Facilities Maint Ch-2A
TG 53024 I've ID'ed as SLIA Facilities Maint Ch-2B
TG 53056 I've ID'ed as SLIA Maint-Electric
TG 53088 I've ID'ed as SLIA Maint- Sprinkers/Fire Detecters
TG 53376 I've ID'ed as AMPCO Ops Ch-2
TG 53408 comms checks made
TG 53632 Perimiter/Wildlife Checks
TG 53760 I've ID'ed as SLIA FD Training
TG 54048 I've ID'ed as SLIA FD Training Site Ops
TG 56160 Water Dept (not Ch-B)
TG 56192 Water Dept- Office
TG 56488 comms check made
TG 56512 Water Dept
TG 56736 Alert Radio Notice
TG 57088 Garbage Pick-ups

There are several other active TG's, but I haven't gotten anything on them (yet).

lndshrk

gldavis said:
TG 00704 was ID'ed as Liberty
TG 00736 was ID'ed as Pioneer
TG 00832 was ID'ed as Ch-4
TG 00864 was ID'ed as Ch-3

some clarity on the SLCPD groups.

736 is PD1 or Pioneer - West Patrol dispatch
704 is PD2 or Liberty - East Patrol dispatch

(Anyone who knows the dividing line - jump in here)

864 is PD3 used as their Car to Car tg
832 is PD4 used for Service.

Hope this helps.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I plan on waiting a week more, to get some other input before submitting to the Database.

qlajlu

Silent Key
gldavis said:
Main street seems a strange dividing line? But I guess thats the way it is.
Main Street is the East/West zero point in the city. It divides the East addresses from the West addresses and it was the dividing line when I worked for the City (wore their badge for two years before going to the UHP). It is possible that they no longer use that as a dividing line, but I doubt it.

Something that is not really well known is that all the addresses are laid out from the intersection of South Temple and Main. As you leave that intersection, regardless of the direction you go, if your back is to that intersection ALL the even-numbered addresses will be on your right (that works throughout SL County, actually). The original surveyors used the Southeast corner of Temple Square as the beginning point to lay out the city. Original plans ordered 10 city blocks to the mile. So when you are downtown, each block is actually 1/10th of a mile.=====EDIT: Sorry for carrying on like that and adding that bit of trivia, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

Last edited:

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
qlajlu said:
...As you leave that intersection, regardless of the direction you go, if your back is to that intersection ALL the even-numbered addresses will be on your right (that works throughout SL County, actually)...

I did not know that Odd / Even part. I did know the 0 0 location was So Temple and Main, but not the numbering part.

Thanks for the tidbit!

Utah_Viper

Salt Lake is really one of the easiest cities to navigate due to all the facts presented in this thread. Anytime someone is giving me directions or a address I always ask just for the numbers and direction indicators. Even if the address has a name it ALWAYS will also have a number as well. You will hear that quite often on VECC they will say "Blank Street, showing 7777 west" or something similar.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Utah_Viper said:
Salt Lake is really one of the easiest cities to navigate due to all the facts presented in this thread.
Yeah, I always thought it was easy, too. I wish I had a nickle for every hour I tried to explain the system to other truck drivers trying to find an address here when it was their first trip into SLC. Even now, with Google Maps, the misunderstanding shows up. I find it humorous and I'm sure Viper and others do to.

Actually, that same system is used in all Utah towns/cities except for Ogden and maybe one or two more that I am not familiar with. Ogden has what I would call a hybrid of this system. Ogden started as a railroad town and there was a lot of "outside influence." The even/odd number convention is the same (even numbers on the right as you leave the zero point), but the zero point was established at its extreme NW corner at its beginning with the city then being built to the east and to south and all of its major streets are known by names rather than numbers.

:D Just can't help myself with the trivia sometimes.

(Not sure what this all has to do with Airport and AC33 TGs.)

Observer1

qlajlu said:
Main Street is the East/West zero point in the city. It divides the East addresses from the West addresses and it was the dividing line when I worked for the City (wore their badge for two years before going to the UHP). It is possible that they no longer use that as a dividing line, but I doubt it.

Main Street isn't the dividing line, it actually is 300 West/300 East.

Pioneer covers to 300 East North of 900 South.

Liberty covers to 300 West South of 900 South.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Welcome!

Observer1 said:
Main Street isn't the dividing line, it actually is 300 West/300 East.

Pioneer covers to 300 East North of 900 South.

Liberty covers to 300 West South of 900 South.
First of all,
Welcome to the Utah Forum of RR.Com
Observer1

Something tells me that you have a lot of information that has just been guessed at from time to time on this forum so I hope you will not be a stranger, that you will post often, and that you will impart some knowledge when you can see we need it...which is usually.

First order of business, however, is that I urge you to return to your profile in the "User CP" and fill in your location so it will show on each of your posts and we will not have to guess where you call home. This forum is visited by folks from across our great nation on a daily basis and, therefore, it is an act of courtesy to let the rest of us know where you are coming from. We would also appreciate an introduction, so go ahead and embellish away!

Could you elaborate a little on the area coverage of the SLC PD's Liberty and Pioneer Divisions? Are you saying that there is not overlapping coverage in the downtown area? From what you have posted it appears that Liberty's primary coverage area is to the east of 300 East unless it is south of 900 South and then it goes to 300 West. That just does not make sense to me.

Observer1

I'll give you what I can in terms of me.

As for the coverage areas, there's no overlap in the division of Pioneer/Liberty, but there's also not a wall that prevents officers from crossing into the other dispatch area.

In terms of dispatched calls, Downtown is part of Pioneer.

Last edited:

qlajlu

Silent Key
Observer1 said:
I'll give you what I can in terms of me.

As for the coverage areas, there's no overlap in the division of Pioneer/Liberty, but there's also not a wall that prevents officers from crossing into the other dispatch area.

In terms of dispatched calls, Downtown is part of Pioneer.
That is very interesting. Thank you, Observer1. Things have changed since I wore their badge, which doesn't surprise me since that was 1968-70.

Oh, and thanks for the addition of your location.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.