Unknown antenna site

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcob2

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what this radio site is? You can see it up on the bluff while driving down W Tenmile Creek Rd. in Boise. Consists of quite a few yagis which are HF or VHF-LO at best.

Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/rMHH2zxsosB2

The FCC ULS geographic search isn't working for me and I don't see anything in the RR database for it.
43 deg, 28' 49.2" N
116 deg, 15' 13.7" W

Just wondering!

ecps92

Nearest FCC is down the road to the east/southeast at the Correctional Facility
14601 PLEASANT VALLEY ROAD

Does anyone know what this radio site is? You can see it up on the bluff while driving down W Tenmile Creek Rd. in Boise. Consists of quite a few yagis which are HF or VHF-LO at best.

Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/rMHH2zxsosB2

The FCC ULS geographic search isn't working for me and I don't see anything in the RR database for it.
43 deg, 28' 49.2" N
116 deg, 15' 13.7" W

Just wondering!

jimcob2

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. It looks very utilitarian from a distance so I'm wondering if it might be government or military related. I might try to get closer the next time I'm in the area.

Is this page working for anyone? (Wondering if its just me) I'm trying to search by Coordinates but it always returns an error.
Application Search - Geographic Application Search

-Jim

nd5y

For something like that you would probably want to use the license search instead of application search.

Both of those sites sometimes time out if you search for something the wrong way.

Earlier today I searched a 1 mile radius of that place and there were no FCC licenses for 2-30 MHz so it is probably federal.

Status
Not open for further replies.