Unknown APCO IDs on Fulton County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
Lately, I have heard the following IDs 0931, 0933. I believe these talkgroups have something to do with medical and possibly COVID testing. I have heard calls come through talking about people in line and biohazard waste disposal (medical supplies, needles, vials) can anyone shed some light on what these talkgroups. I assume they are some sort of county interoperability talkgroups.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Are they RID's (Radio ID's) or Talkgroups?

rayvelcoro

Thanks for the heads up on the talkgroups. I'll give it a listen... did you happen to notice if it sounded like possible Cobb County traffic? That would indicate ISSI talkgroups (part of the trunk-system-sharing capability) which have been discussed elsewhere in this forum.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the heads up on the talkgroups. I'll give it a listen... did you happen to notice if it sounded like possible Cobb County traffic? That would indicate ISSI talkgroups (part of the trunk-system-sharing capability) which have been discussed elsewhere in this forum.
No clue on the location they're just talking to people internally and talking about people and about medical things (which is why I say it has to do with COVID testing) it could be ISSI since I only hear it off an on and not consistently.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
It isn't ISSI.

Cache radios and an ICRI have been deployed at one site to support operations and assist agencies involved in operating these sites including the County Health and Wellness, Fire/EMS agencies assisting, State of Georgia incident management, and Georgia National Guard. Cache radios are in use at various locations as the request was made around a month ago for said resources.

The locations are public as the county health department has opened up several testing facilities throughout the county. The operation has been supported by the county radio support team for several weeks and support will continue as needed so long as testing sites are in operation.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure they are "Radio ID's" and not Talkgroups?

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
he's referring to talkgroups. I am not at liberty to divulge specific users or talkgroup uses on a public forum, but I will say they are part of the regular fleet map and are used for interoperability and are in all county radios and one is likely to hear other special events and activity on them from time to time outside of pandemic response. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: RRR
Status
Not open for further replies.