unknown ATL area ATC frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayvelcoro

Any airband listeners know exactly what the fairly busy 119.375 Mhz AM is (routine radio traffic)? Relative signal strength places it in the Hartsfield-Jackson coverage area. Just curious about it's formal designation as I don't find it listed anywhere.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
Hi Ray,

119.375 is Atlanta Center Macon High, the ground site would be located in Hampton, GA. The aircraft on it should be between around 25,000-35,000 ft, so you'd pick them up from a pretty good distance. RadioReference's Atlanta (ZTL) Air Route Traffic Control Center page at Atlanta (ZTL) Air Route Traffic Control Center Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference has a full listing for Atlanta Center's frequencies.

Mac McCormick III
KF4LMT
Savannah/Brunswick GA

rayvelcoro

Thank you for the ZTL information. I checked out that link and read about RCAG's in general. Interesting stuff. I've never really delved into air monitoring.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the ZTL information. I checked out that link and read about RCAG's in general. Interesting stuff. I've never really delved into air monitoring.

No problem. I don't listen to the VHF sides of Atlanta and Jax Centers as much as I listen to the UHF sides, but depending on the sector's they can be pretty busy. The ground transmitters also act as pretty good indicators of VHF propagation.

Mac
KF4LMT

Status
Not open for further replies.