Unknown Berkely ID 38608

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith29180

I logged a new ID for Berkely County SD Friday night 38608 I beleive that it is a Narcotics/Special Ops since they were set up at Goose Creek High School and made several remarks about drugs and descrips of cars leaving area. Anyone had this ID listed in their Databanks. Thanks Ron

drsouth

10960 Hanahan PD Control (Dispatcher) Also still using 154.74Mhz))
10992 Hanahan PD (unknown)
20208 Goose Creek PD Narcotics
20240 Goose Creek PD (unknown)
20256 Goose Creek PD (unknown)
20272 Goose Creek PD (unknown)
38544 BCSO Central (Dispatcher)
38576 BCSO Investigations (Records Checks)
38608 BCSO Tactical
38640 BCSO Admin
38672 BCSO Special Ops (Analog)
38704 BCSO (unknown)
50864 BCSO Detention Center
58704 Hanahan PD
59952 Bonneau PD
62736 BCSO Nacotics (Digital/Enc)

Enjoy!

David

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Umm anyone submitted that full listing for Berkley to the DB yet???? If not please do so so it can be added to the Palmetto 800 listings. Thanks! NM I will go ahead for ya and submit to the SC admin... :)

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I also have 20112 identified as being used by Bonneau PD - any comments about the accuracy of that?

Thanks for the confirmation of 50864. I have heard that talkgroup active in the upstate on rare occasions, talking about transports of prisoners to the coast. That's clearly a state-wide roam talkgroup for Berkeley. 50896 has had similar traffic at least once in the upstate also - any thought on who that group might belong to? It was used as an air-to-ground group here, with a helicopter making flight plans.

Brian

drsouth

Let's find a way...

brian said:
I also have 20112 identified as being used by Bonneau PD - any comments about the accuracy of that?

Thanks for the confirmation of 50864. I have heard that talkgroup active in the upstate on rare occasions, talking about transports of prisoners to the coast. That's clearly a state-wide roam talkgroup for Berkeley. 50896 has had similar traffic at least once in the upstate also - any thought on who that group might belong to? It was used as an air-to-ground group here, with a helicopter making flight plans.

Brian

I've got the 20112 down as Bonneau also, but I've never logged any affiliations with it or seen any activity. I have with the other one. 50896 I have in a small grouping marked as SLED. I'm not sure of that though. That’s just based upon radio ID affiliation logs.

Brian, I believe we wanted to get together on another thread and try and collectively put our data together. I have so many more GID's, many of which I can't ID for certain. I know living where I am, I have a pretty much 24/7 shot of monitoring sites 9,10,11,12,26,27 and 52. On good nights/early morning, I've been able to ride up the I-26 corridor well into Newberry and over towards Sumter and all the way to the Georgia border. I frequent the Simpsonville/Greenville and Greenwood areas at least a couple of times a month, Laptop with slicer mobile the whole time.

I guess what I'm getting at, I know there are several others out here doing the same, collecting tons of data, and we just need somewhere to send. The hardest part of it all is that the infrequent and rare sighting to one person, may very well been a common occurrence to another. I know I've been able to discern some radio ID groupings to be assigned to certain depts., and can easily tell when someone's just got a "bug" in their radio or a tower glitch from a "new palnet GID". But, on the other hand... several of my loggings for radio IDs that are roaming, or just plan rare, make it hard to differentiate from a true GID finding.

Let's think of a system that we listeners can submit or "data files" so that they can be compared and updated towards the site in an accurate way. I know I hold back on submitting, just because I'm not 100% sure of what I've found. Any suggestion's to our own version of seti@home, err... PalNet@home? heh

David

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Well, I'm glad to know that there is at least one other crazy person in SC riding around with laptop, slicer and scanner collecting data. Whenever I travel, there I am in the passenger seat, my patient wife driving and my two young children in the back seat, and me covered in gear and wires. What's wrong with us?

Anyway, maybe the RR wiki is the place for this collective data. That way, anyone could edit it. I could spend days looking through the page and group files for all the sites I've monitored (I think I have files for about 45 sites now) to come up with un-ID'd groups. We could generate a list of unknowns, and then folks could ID those that they know or suspect.

What information about a group would we include? I'd say the group number, which site(s) it was heard on and when, anything about the content of the transmission (LE/EMS/FD/UTIL, etc), unit numbers, addresses mentioned, RIDs that have affiliated with the group. Anything else?

I'll see about getting a page on the wiki set up for this purpose, and then a link to it in a sticky message at the top of the forum. How does that sound?

Brian

By the way, I can reliably monitor sites 18, 19, 36, and 35 from home with a duck antenna, and probably at least 6 more sites with my outside 800 yagi. I can leave trunker running on a site for weeks at a time gathering data, and haven't done such a good job of that recently. Unfortunately, I don't travel all that often, but I think we have some good monitors in Columbia, Greenville, Charleston area, Beaufort, maybe the Grand Strand. I haven't heard anything recently from the Aiken/Augusta area, and I think we're lean in the Pee Dee and northeast part of the state. If you're out there and have trunker capabilities, post a reply and let us know you're there.

drsouth

brian said:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Palmetto_800_Statewide_Trunked_Radio_System

Okay, here's a start. Remember you have to create another username/password login for the Wiki separate from your RR login in order to edit/add to the information on the page.

Let's see what happens. I'll try to add some data to the page tomorrow.

Brian

Thanks Brian! Looks great! I tried this morning to start putting some info down, but started getting writer’s block! I'm not exactly sure of the best way to display the info without it loosing it's usefulness.

I currently use trunker, and trunkerDM to search the data. I've had to del my affiliation's files from time to time just because of the shear size of them. I started going down the lists of GID's and affiliations/cross affiliations etc and it became frustrating quickly trying to keep it in a format that was useful for others to read. Any Ideas?

If only the page files weren't so large, I would say let's just submit those for ppl to d/l and import into their own trunkerDM for study.

I've run Unitrunker before, and have used the import feature to get my trunker files into it, but I've not been able to find an easy way to use the saved data it has. For example, I know a certain SCHP captain is using his walkie on such and such day during the big EMD I-26 lane reversal with lotsa bigwigs in the area, I'm watching his radio ID like a hawk, and noting every time he changes talkgroups. I have that kind of data with trunker/ trunkerDM... but I only have the last affiliated group he was on with unitrunker.

Suggestions?

Dave

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks for the contributions, Dave.

I edited the wiki page to include table mark-ups. I think it makes it more readable.

Other please contribute, even if all you have is a talkgroup and possible idea of what it is.

Thanks

Brian

drsouth

Can this be made a sticky?

brian said:
Thanks for the contributions, Dave.

I edited the wiki page to include table mark-ups. I think it makes it more readable.

Other please contribute, even if all you have is a talkgroup and possible idea of what it is.

Thanks

Brian

Thanks for you hard work Brian, looks like it's compiling nicely. Just need more advertisement!

moderators! If you please :)

jamiewmorris

I have just posted to the Wiki a few that I have confirmed.

I have a list of the EMD channels throughout the state and what county uses what channel, I will try and get that posted on here real soon.

jamiewmorris

SC EMD User List

This is a list that I made a copy of when we got our radio in our dispatch. It shows every county and which Regional Government channel and which EMD channel they are suppose to use.
Reg Govnmnt channel are called Reg Mutual Aide Channel here, but are the same thing.
There are 7 EMD main channels
Abbreviation are: EMDPD (EMD Pee Dee); PM (Piedmont); SV (Savannah); CT (Catawba); UP (Upstate); ML (Midlands); LC (Lowcountry).

Attachments

• EMDt01.jpg
    EMDt01.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 132

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I want to keep this thread going.

It seems like there are many sets of regional talkgroups for various state agencies:
SC Mutual Aid - all identified
SC Regional Government - all identified
SC LE Common - all identified
SLED - regions known
SC EMD - names and usages are known
SC DHEC
SC DHEC Hospital Networks
SC PPP - names and usages known
SC Cobra Teams
SC Forestry
SC EMS

Are there others I'm forgetting? If anyone can get lists similar to the one above (for EMD) for these other agencies, that might at least help us know what we're looking for in terms of talkgroups for state agencies.

drsouth

SC DJJ (Dept of Juvenile Justice) see them patched daily over multy sites

Brian, here in the LC, TGID 45520 (SC DHEC LC Hospital Net) is called “Region 7 Disaster Net” during their weekly radio checks. I’m having a hard time differentiating between DHEC disaster nets / DHEC hospital nets and other DHEC regional channels.
I also would like to apologize for living so close to the Hagood site, and not being more vigilant in identifying a lot of the MUSC TG’s that are there. Several of them I see radio ID’s interwoven with the DHEC TG’s, I just find listening to them a challenge of my scanning enthusiasm!

David

Status
Not open for further replies.