Unknown Channels Richmond/Henrico/Chesterfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droc77rva

Hi,
New to the forums and new to digital systems. I recently purchased a BCD436HP. Awesome scanner by the way. I programmed in a couple favorites lists after consulting the manual and some youtube videos. Its all working great except one. I wanted to just have a Henrico/ Chesterfield/ Richmond running only Surveillance/Tac/Narc TGID's. So I would not hear all the dispatch stuff. Set up the favorite and avoided the ones I didn't want. However when I run the favorite for it. I get all these unknown TGID's that seem to be dispatch, zone and precinct. The same ones I avoided in the software. I just temp avoid them when they come up but its a pain. What am I doing wrong? I searched the forums and read most of the treads that revolved around this system. Maybe I missed something. I am a novice at this but picked up on it pretty quickly. Sorry in advance if this has been covered or I am just an idiot.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like you want ID Scan turned on vs ID search. ID search will bring up any TGs that transmit while ID Scan only scans those you have entered into the programming. I'd say you have search turned on now and not scan

shumadine

As long as I've been listening, I don't know that I've ever heard Henrico Police tactical talk groups in use, so I can't comment on whether they are encrypted or not. Anybody else "not hearing" any activity on them? Maybe I just need to stay up later.

I've heard activity on the Richmond police surveillance and tactical channels. Some transmissions are in the clear and some are encrypted.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I got some new TGs while in Richmond this past weekend but they sounded more like dispatch than tactical. 450 analog and a couple 5 digit TGs as well. 17028 I believe was one of them. Couldn't ID them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.