Unknown Charlotte Fire Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to the Alarm talkgroup when I heard a call for what sounded like "ETD-1" for a thermal exposure Medic hold. I have never heard of this unit, and my googling was no use. It is not on the Charlotte Fire Trucks website. This is the call on openMhz. Also if anybody would like to tell me what exactly a Medic hold call is that would be nice as well.

tarheel181

ETD comes back as Emergency Technical Decon when just googling the acronym. Not sure if that would be a CFD unit, as it seems it would be a hazmat job.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
I will speculate. It appears to me CFD responds to all medical related 911 calls as First Responders, while Medic only responds if transport to a hospital is likely. Thus, Medic Hold term is used to indicate CFD will advise if Medic is needed or not at a particular incident. Obviously if reported incident is likely severe, Medic is dispatched immediately.

Tobydog

911 Call takers use EMD protocols and CAD to determine response resources for all services. Been used for a l9ng time

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
ETD comes back as Emergency Technical Decon when just googling the acronym. Not sure if that would be a CFD unit, as it seems it would be a hazmat job.

Most fire departments have hazmat units, and some medics are trained in specialized hazmat to assist with decon and treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.