Unknown DPW on 453.35

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I got recordings from some unknown DPW on 453.35 127.3 PL during the snowstorm yesterday.

References to Lucy, Anderson, Deerfield Ave, Memorial Hall, Mechanic, Church and Bridge St., Bernie? Place and Warren? Court. A few of those make me think Hartford, but Hartford DPW is on the EDACS last I knew.

Only licenses I see for it are
Madison, Coventry, Plymouth, TN Fire, Madison Fire and ConnDOT in Ledyard

Anyone have any thoughts?

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
where are you located? might help to know what is close by.
Plymouth is out, they have a different PL
Madison too

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would agree with Manchester with a bit of adjacent channel traffic as many of the roads match up or are close. Some might be property names that don't match streets.
Especially if OP is relatively close to Manchester.

chris

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I doubt he was hearing 453.325 from 453.35 at his location. Even close by, only the poorest receiver would be getting that overload.

I am guessing he was hearing Shelburne Falls, MA DPW. All those locations are in Shelburne/Shelburne Falls, and the 10th Scanner Master pocket guide shows the Shelburne DPW of 453.35 using a PL of 127.3. The repeater is up on Massamet Mountain, which has a pretty clear shot down the valley.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I doubt he was hearing 453.325 from 453.35 at his location. Even close by, only the poorest receiver would be getting that overload.

I am guessing he was hearing Shelburne Falls, MA DPW. All those locations are in Shelburne/Shelburne Falls, and the 10th Scanner Master pocket guide shows the Shelburne DPW of 453.35 using a PL of 127.3. The repeater is up on Massamet Mountain, which has a pretty clear shot down the valley.
I would say you are right. I listened today and picked up: Cooper Lane, Sugar House, Carpenter Rd and a few others.

Also talked about conditions at the intersection of Cooper Lane and Rt 2 which matches up.

Status
Not open for further replies.