Unknown DTRS TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Not that anyone really provides much input or help with the detective work, but you’re monitoring assistance and radio id tracking is always greatly appreciated.

Attached please find the current list of logged but still unidentified talk groups on the state system.

Thanks Jim<

Last edited:

papaelk

jimmnn said:
Not that anyone really provides much input or help with the detective work, but you’re monitoring assistance and radio id tracking is always greatly appreciated.

Attached please find the current list of logged but still unidentified talk groups on the state system.

Thanks Jim<

Would be more than willing to help but i only know how to program my scanner from RR database....lol........sorry Jimm

Roy

The unknown TGs that show up over here on the western slope are still almost entirely affiliations so far. No voice traffic to analyze at this point.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
For anyone helping to search we added some new unknowns today;

Jim<

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Jim, what do you feel about adding the Unknows to the Data base.... all the wayyyyyyy at the bottom???

evilklown

are these digital freq's or conventional? i know that sounds stupid but still learning all the differnt freq's sorry, how can i put some in and monitor them so mabey i can help with the detective work i would like to put in some effort to help. Thanks :)

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
evilklown said:
are these digital freq's or conventional? i know that sounds stupid but still learning all the differnt freq's sorry, how can i put some in and monitor them so mabey i can help with the detective work i would like to put in some effort to help. Thanks :)

Digital id's (talk groups) on the DTRS system.

Jim<

luke-1

Kevin,

Take an empty bank in your Pro-96, put in 2 or 3 of the State DTRS Control Channels that are close to you. For the Talkgroups, only enter the Unknowns. Scan it in closed mode. You will only hear traffic if one of the Unknown Talkgroups keys up.

It can be a lot of fun. Yesterday alone, identified 2 of them. Came up with 4 more new Unknowns also, TG 2114 was the 4th.

Give it a try

Spud

Attachments?

jimmnn said:

Thanks Jim<

Perhaps someone can identify what I am missing here.

I have seen several posts with statements alluding to attachments but I don't see any attachments or a link to get to them.

I have seen others that did have attached files but not many.

Assistance on this is appreciated...

Thanks and 73,

The Spud

evilklown

luke-1 said:
Kevin,

Take an empty bank in your Pro-96, put in 2 or 3 of the State DTRS Control Channels that are close to you. For the Talkgroups, only enter the Unknowns. Scan it in closed mode. You will only hear traffic if one of the Unknown Talkgroups keys up.

It can be a lot of fun. Yesterday alone, identified 2 of them. Came up with 4 more new Unknowns also, TG 2114 was the 4th.

Give it a try
thank you i am going to start doing that now, thanks for the explain on it, and if identify any of them do i post them here or do i post them to that page that jim provided? Thanks

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Okay, I added the unknown ID's to the database.... Do we want them at the bottom or at the top?

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
OK, I want to play, too.
I just finished programming in the 15 sites identified as "Denver Metro" in the database, with the entire unknown list of TGs on each. Any other sites I should add?

Spud

Duplicate TGs

abqscan said:
Okay, I added the unknown ID's to the database.... Do we want them at the bottom or at the top?

FYI:

Before trying to ID the Unknowns, go to the DTRS list and have the RR application display "List all in one table". You will find duplicates of unknowns with identified TGs on 1043, 1045, 1081, 8109 and possibly others.

Thanks for posting the unknowns in the DTRS table.

The Spud

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Spud said:
FYI:

Before trying to ID the Unknowns, go to the DTRS list and have the RR application display "List all in one table". You will find duplicates of unknowns with identified TGs on 1043, 1045, 1081, 8109 and possibly others.

Thanks for posting the unknowns in the DTRS table.

The Spud

Those ones you've mentioned are not accurate, by monitoring confirmation at least, in the database so they've remained on our unknown list.

Jim<

rc104a

The past few days I have been hearing what sounds like EM50 and EM51 on 1217 on Grand Mesa between 6:30 and 9 pm. They talk about ham stuff like HF propagation and the number of people that check in to the HF nets. Maybe Emergency Management?

Rick

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
rc104a said:
The past few days I have been hearing what sounds like EM50 and EM51 on 1217 on Grand Mesa between 6:30 and 9 pm. They talk about ham stuff like HF propagation and the number of people that check in to the HF nets. Maybe Emergency Management?

Rick

Yes that's state OEM "Central" channel and they ther are conducting a net basically.

Jim<

rickak

Anyone have anything on TG 169? Heard this this morning on Horsetooth. Someone ID'd as "Larimer" talking to "Northeast" something or other. They were basically just doing radio checks with each other.

Rick

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
rickak said:
Anyone have anything on TG 169? Heard this this morning on Horsetooth. Someone ID'd as "Larimer" talking to "Northeast" something or other. They were basically just doing radio checks with each other.

Rick

That's County Health Departments NE.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.