Unknown EDACS Control Frequency in the military band 138.51?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what EDACS system frequency 138.51 or 138.515 serves?? The signal is powerful in potomac,md. Could this be the David Taylor navy research center???

Much thanks to anyone who knows:)

RFfreeTLD

Ok, my thought was maybe they added frequecies or sites at some point. Keep us posted if you find out any additional.

Oh thats 2 bad

Oh thats 2 bad. Am I correct that Its fairly impossible to track an EDACS system with only the control channel, unlike motorola systems.

RFfreeTLD

Correct. Do keep an ear out to see if that control channel rotates to other frequencies as that may narrow down the initial search. Also, the use of the ETrunk program can be helpful in IDing new LCNs.

ericcarlson

Database Admin
You may be receiving the NDW's Naval Academy (Annapolis) site control channel. I recall picking up another EDACS control channel in the military VHF-high band (while listening in Montgomery County) but I was not able to confirm its use.

-Eric

dtscho

Database Admin
I know there are two or three Navy VHF EDACS systems in the Washington area. And I've heard that the Naval Academy may be using one of them. However, I believe 138.51/138.515 is fairly strong in the immediate DC area. This would seem to indicate that this control channel does not belong to the Naval Academy. Or maybe they just run a very strong system.

You might ask this question on the Scan DC list at qth.net.

Dave

Who is capable of reciving this system??

I am capable of recieving this system but i do not have a cable to monitor control channel with eTrunk. Does anyone have a cable and eTrunk so they can get the ids of the system and post them?

kg4icg

Crazy Trucking Mechanic
Premium Subscriber
you might want to try the frequency of 138.5125. that part of the spectrum goes in either 12.5 or 25 khz steps. depending on what is using them at the time, being military aircraft or military bases. 8)

G

think its the new EDACS Digitl TRS eather used at Andrewa A.F.B.(Comes in strong near there) or Boling A.F.B.

G

Oh yea, by the way the new EDACS DIGITAL RS types CANT BE TRACKED as far as I know, WITH ANY DIGITAL SCANNER.

8) 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.