Unknown Frequency? Hillsborough County

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Hi all! New to the forum...

I apologize if this isnt the way or place to ask this, but does anyone know what is on 475.600 MHz in and around the Tampa area? I dont live directly in Tampa but out in Thonotosassa and can pick up that frequency on my Pro-404 scanner and its not in the database at all

Thanks for any help!

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Tried searching for that frequency in Hillsborough county but nothing showed but it did come up in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami-Dade county.

Last edited:

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Not exactly sure what it is but it has been active at most hours of the day based on what Ive heard in the past couple of days... I have heard stuff about UCH Carrollwood, units and have heard a couple of house addresses on there, so its kinda confusing on whether this is police or not (doubtful though)..

ecps92

First Question? Is T-Band even allowed in FLA
Yes - 470-475.9875 in Miami

But you over in Tampa. Hmm

Now since 475.6000 would be the input for 472.6000 try there and post back.

Other than that there are two other options
a.) Image from 450-470 band
b.) Special Temp Auth [STA] from the FCC for a Large Event

Now thinking, Large Events? Golf Tourn etc And since you have the Frozen Four tonight, maybe it's an STA for the Media broadcasting

Anyone want to spend from FCC time and search for the STA? :D

Hi all! New to the forum...

I apologize if this isnt the way or place to ask this, but does anyone know what is on 475.600 MHz in and around the Tampa area? I dont live directly in Tampa but out in Thonotosassa and can pick up that frequency on my Pro-404 scanner and its not in the database at all

Thanks for any help!

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I second trying to see if you hear the same thing on 454.2. That freq is apart of the Telecom LTR system in Tampa and 475.6 might be an some sort of image of it. AMR supposedly operates on it so that would explain why you heard UCH and addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.