Unknown ID on Atlanta Trunk System

Status
Not open for further replies.

danno145

While monitoring the Atlanta system, this morning, I came across an active talkgroupd ID of 45040. It was a police agency, but definitely not City of Atlanta, as the unit were using 400 type call numbers, and it was not GSP. I heard traffic concerning something at "Camp Creek Parkway and Airport Road" and 'Ramp to 285 from Old National" It sounds to me like it could be College Park or East Point PD? Can anyone verify this? I will try to listen more this afternoon.

danno145

Unknown Atlanta talkgroup

searched scanatlanta.com and found a listing for a talkgroup ID 45040 under Fulton TRS as Fulton Public Safety 7. Is it possible that I am getting this in the Atlanta system due to similar control channel freq? Tried to monitor the ID, but my Pro 95 is acting up as the keypad is sticking. Hope santa brings me the PRO 96

Julian1

Danno hearing 400 unit Atlanta PD

Today (Friday) while listening to Zone 4 during time of emergency radio traffic, I heard at least one unit being referred to as 4-- instead of say 2411 or 3411. The very first digit in the four digit series indicates the shift number, the 4 in this case...Zone 4 and the last two digits the car-beat number.

Since Zone 4 is Southwest Atlanta...... I think that is the issue for hearing a unit as 411 or 421.

As to Fulton TG number being the same as one you heard on Atlanta's system...... I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that. The control channels are similar in format and in close proximity in terms of frequencies perhaps.....but I just don't believe you got some sort of cris-cross thing going.

If I'm missing something in what you reported.....please excuse me....but this is the best I can come up with base on what I've read.

Thanks for your post........ it's great to see info that at times we discover "accidentally". It's what makes this hobby so much fun.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Best to all,
Julian

Status
Not open for further replies.