Unknown P25 BEE00.8A4 system. Indiana, Ohio, Maine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

System: BEE00.8A4 P25p2 simulcast
Site: 1.1
Freqs:
770.50625 CC
771.33125 SCC
NAC: 8A4
NL: none/zero

The only traffic I've seen on this system was RID 2 affiliating to TG 14, and RID 17 affiliating to TG 9, and those happened at exactly the same time (02:45 EDT today).

As far as the location, BEE00.8A4 is a P25 system in Portland, ME, which I doubt I'm receiving in Indiana.

Ohio is the only state in the midwest that has FCC licenses for 770.50625Mhz, yet 8A4 is not a documented Ohio MARCS system, unless it may be their 3rd SOW/TOW/COW/MOW...meow. LoL.

Randolph Co, Indiana, should have their 3-site P25 simulcast system completed and online at any point now, but if this is that system, it's not on their licensed frequencies.

So, if you're around east-central Indiana, southwest Ohio, or northeast Ohio/Toronto listen for this system on 770.50625.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Both of those channels are part of the Ohio MARCS-IP system. I'm guessing they (or a vendor near you) are building/testing a piece of that system and don't want to interfere with the live system, so chose a SID that was far enough away so it would be guaranteed not to conflict?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Both of those channels are part of the Ohio MARCS-IP system. I'm guessing they (or a vendor near you) are building/testing a piece of that system and don't want to interfere with the live system, so chose a SID that was far enough away so it would be guaranteed not to conflict?

Either that or its a new SOW/COW/TOW or whatever the hell ya wanna call it.

west-pac

I heard traffic on this system. I was AFK, heard an odd tone on the scanner, thought I heard "Grant county central dispatch" (Grant county, Indiana?...a neighboring county of mine), came to the radio desk and heard "team 1 loud and clear", "team 2 loud and clear".....on TG9.

RIDs: 1299999, 3001, 1299997
Additional VC: 770.10625

Hearing more testing...
RID 5, TG 14.
RID 1, TG 21.

west-pac

I'm hearing weird messages like Team 2 calling central and advising them "change the world by being yourself. T26" Then Central says standby for page, sends an audible tone, then says "Team 2, change the world by being yourself. T26". I heard one earlier that was "Love for all", heard another from Team 1 where the messages number (I presume) was T22.

Does this sound like a new system coverage testing?

I'm pretty sure this is coverage testing. I just heard "I need a lizard nose." LoL. 'Central' paged it, the teams respond with "pass" or "loud and clear".

west-pac

"Inspire to inspire before we expire. T28"

"Die with memories, not dreams"

"Everything you can imagine is real. S28"

"I feel the need, the need for speed. S20" I know where that's from!... the movie Top Gun.😁

Are these from a book?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
The T## and S## could be grid squares being tested with those standard sentences being used so the receiver of the message can determine whether what they hear is what it should be.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I'm hearing weird messages like Team 2 calling central and advising them "change the world by being yourself. T26" Then Central says standby for page, sends an audible tone, then says "Team 2, change the world by being yourself. T26". I heard one earlier that was "Love for all", heard another from Team 1 where the messages number (I presume) was T22.

Does this sound like a new system coverage testing?

Yes! This is very common "grid square" or in building coverage testing lingo. Sounds like a new system is being tested for pass/fail coverage.

73's

Ron

west-pac

Yes! This is very common "grid square" or in building coverage testing lingo. Sounds like a new system is being tested for pass/fail coverage.

73's

Ron

So you think this may be a facility's radio system, versus a county-wide radio system? The issue is, nobody in the IMO area is licensed for the 3 frequencies that I've seen in use. Also, it's a P25 Phase 2 simulcast site, which rules out any of the statewide systems as well.

kf8yk

I think Randolph County, IN is your most likely source. They have a 700 MHz trunking license, WRKX404 that's only a few months old with an emission designator consistent with P25 Phase 2 trunking. Looks like a 3 site, 5 channel simulcast system.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
So you think this may be a facility's radio system, versus a county-wide radio system?
That's not what he said. He referred to "in-building testing", which is a test of how well a trunked system performs inside buildings.

west-pac

I think Randolph County, IN is your most likely source. They have a 700 MHz trunking license, WRKX404 that's only a few months old with an emission designator consistent with P25 Phase 2 trunking. Looks like a 3 site, 5 channel simulcast system.

So, Saturday morning while hearing this testing I was on my beam antenna pointing north. Coincidentally I had to go to Grant county, and Fort Wayne that morning. In neither location did I receive this radio system. Later Saturday afternoon/evening I went to Randolph county looking for this radio system, drove thru 2 of the towns listed on the Randolph county P25 license, and still didn't receive this radio system. I have not received this radio system since Saturday morning. Sunday morning, and this morning (Monday), I also did not receive any tropo DX in the morning.

In all likelihood, this should be Randolph county, but like I said in my original post, it's not on the Randolph county frequencies; and I went to Randolph county Saturday and did not receive this system. If you look at the Randolph county E911 Facebook page, over the past few months, they've had pictures and posts about the new radio system, tower work, antennas being installed, repeaters installed on-location, etc..

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Could it possibly be the new Kentucky statewide system? 770.50625 is licensed at the Madisonville (Hopkins County) site. 771.33125 is not on that license though.

west-pac

They're at it again, with the team 1 and team 2 thing. This time their coordinates are "kk13", "1060" "960" "959".

Is this testing normally done by the radio dealer, take longer than a week, and/or only done on weekends?

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Is this testing normally done by the radio dealer, take longer than a week, and/or only done on weekends?
Any and all. When a new radio system was tested in my area many years ago they used volunteers from several of the area public safety departments and radio clubs, I was part of one team. We were assigned multiple grid squares that were overlayed on a map and we drove (and walked) to as close to the center of each square as we could physically get and made a "can you hear me now" call on the radio. The square was then given a pass or fail based on how well we could be heard. We went until all the squares were completed, this took several days.

Last edited:

BM82557

From a post on another TRS -- " Motorola and EFJ/Kenwood will have up to 4 total CC set in rotation availability. Harris, all the freqs are CC available. SysID of 00A or the like is an Harris, any other combo of alpha numeric is Motorola or EFJ/Kenwood. WACN of BEE000 or the like is Motorola or EFJ/Kenwood, and a sting of alpha numeric is Harris. "

Status
Not open for further replies.