Unknown P25 Site (Downtown Denver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mpg0515

I have been hearing this site for the last couple of weeks and have seen no discussion on it. Anyone have any ideas? Possibly DNC related? It is in Downtown Denver for sure, really strong here.

I have logged only one TG and one radio in 30 minutes.

FileVersion:3
# Radio List for this system
# Format: RadioID(Decimal),Description,Lastseen(Unix),LastSeen(Human m/dd/yyyy)
9999995,"TG: 9999996 DT: 7/28/08@19:49",1217296789,"07/28/2008 @ 19:59"

FileVersion:4
-TowerInfo
#This section is here for information only. With the exception
#of the Call Sign(s), This data is not Read back into the program at all.
System ID : 00A
System Name :
WACN : 924B3
Tower Number (Decimal): 101
Tower Number (Hex) : T0101
Tower Description : (null)
Control Capabilities : Voice,Registration
Call Sign(s) : Unknown
Timestamp : Mon Jul 28 20:01:21 2008

-Tables
#Format: Table ID,Base Freq,Spacing,Input Offset,Assumed/Confirmed,BandWidth
00,851.00625,0.00625,-45.00000,"Confirmed",0.00625

-Frequencies
#Format: Channel,Usage,Frequency,Input Frequency
"00-0029","c",851.18750,806.18750
"00-0149","vp",851.93750,806.93750
"00-0263","vp",852.65000,807.65000
"00-0363","vp",853.27500,808.27500
"00-0457","vp",853.86250,808.86250

dodger

Premium Subscriber
WQJA824 - Lakewood, City of

Call Sign WQJA824 Radio Service YE - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked
Status Active Auth Type Special Temporary
Dates
Grant 07/09/2008 Expiration 09/10/2008
Effective 07/09/2008 Cancellation

dodger

Premium Subscriber
WQJA824 - Lakewood, City of

Call Sign WQJA824
Radio Service YE - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked
Status Active Auth Type Special Temporary
Dates
Grant 07/09/2008 Expiration 09/10/2008
Effective 07/09/2008

M

mpg0515

I didn't even think to look on the FCC ULS listings since no callsign came up when logging. But still, why would the City of Lakewood be licensing this system? Also shows to be on Green Mountain, this again makes no sense.

90.20 - Applicant is the City of Lakewood, Colorado. Radios will be used to coordinate personnel & activities surrounding the Democratic National Convention.

ch40n1k

I didn't even think to look on the FCC ULS listings since no callsign came up when logging. But still, why would the City of Lakewood be licensing this system? Also shows to be on Green Mountain, this again makes no sense.

90.20 - Applicant is the City of Lakewood, Colorado. Radios will be used to coordinate personnel & activities surrounding the Democratic National Convention.

Lakewood is lending a couple hundred officers to Denver for the DNC but I'm not sure I entirely understand the licensing ...

As far as location, I'm on Green Mountain and the signal is as good, if not better, than the regular Lakewood EDACS site. I'm about a mile from the tower.

Last edited:

wozz

I'm just outside of downtown (by Sloans Lake) and can't pick anything up on this frequency. Is it currently active?

M

mpg0515

I'm just outside of downtown (by Sloans Lake) and can't pick anything up on this frequency. Is it currently active?

The CC seams to change daily, but currently is on 851.1875 and yes it is active

Scan-Denver

Or at the Pepsi Center where everyone will be at the first 3 days of the DNC.

Just a guess, perhaps Lakewood volunteered the site. With Denver already up to their eye balls with all the planning and preparation, this will be one less thing they have to worry about.

MMIC

mpg0515 said:
Why ask why? Why wouldn't the site be placed at lets say Invesco where the event is going on at? Pretty simple question really...

Scan-Denver said:
Or at the Pepsi Center where everyone will be at the first 3 days of the DNC.

Well, if you question a decision in public, anticipate that what you write will be scrutinized. That is, at the very least, a reasonable expectation.

I should point out that you questioned me by saying "Why ask why?" - and then began your very next sentence with "Why". It seems as though you can answer your very own question all by yourself. :)

The issue I have is how do you see it fit to question the judgement and experience of the electrical engineers and public safety employees who decided to place and configure this system as it is? I just have a difficult time grasping how you can do this unless you explicate on your experience to go with it.

Besides, do you honestly think it's wise to place a communications site that the users probably want to have around for the duration of the event, taking into account every contingency, on site at an event like the DNC?

Really?

M

mpg0515

?

Well, if you question a decision in public, anticipate that what you write will be scrutinized. That is, at the very least, a reasonable expectation.

I should point out that you questioned me by saying "Why ask why?" - and then began your very next sentence with "Why". It seems as though you can answer your very own question all by yourself. :)

The issue I have is how do you see it fit to question the judgement and experience of the electrical engineers and public safety employees who decided to place and configure this system as it is? I just have a difficult time grasping how you can do this unless you explicate on your experience to go with it.

Besides, do you honestly think it's wise to place a communications site that the users probably want to have around for the duration of the event, taking into account every contingency, on site at an event like the DNC?

Really?

Yes, it's on my "scanner", on the air, free and clear, so if it is encrypted then so be it. Anyone else in the State of Colorado can do the same thing, I did (logging). I could care less. I just noticed it as a new P25 site on the air. I found out a little later what it was. I guess I didn't do enough "investigating". Also, yes I do know the answer to my question. But, I didn't need your smart ass comments, nor do I really care what you think! Again, if this site is transmitting on the air then someone (like me) is going to find it and I am probably paying for it too.

Last edited:

Scan-Denver

Really?
Blah blah blah - next.

Status
Not open for further replies.