Unknown P25 system at Ft. Gordon, Ga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shajoe44

I have stumbled upon an un reported P25 system in my area. I think it is affliated with Ft. Gordon, Ga. They already have a system there listed as 58A. In fact a few of the neighbors for this un reported system are actually 58A channels. I have attached the P25 data as well as the talkgroups. Most of the talkgroups are encrypted but only half of the conversation is encrypted. Thought I would throw this out there in case someone can explain why 2 systems share the same channels.

Attachments

• Unknown system.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 17

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
A number of military P25 systems are being joined nationwide. 00A and 57C are two others. It seems to becoming the new way of doing things. My thinking is that it allows the systems to be setup at one central place and then just installed at the facility, but hopefully someone with more knowledge can give some insight.

There are two P25 trunked systems (last I remember anyway) on Ft. Gordon. One for base ops (M.P.'s, contract security, EMS, FD, Range Control, etc. The other trunked system belongs to the NSA (Whitelaw building). Base ops used Motorola and the NSA were using MA/COM radios last time I got a peak at their stuff. I'm assuming they have their own system since they're a separate entity. Not sure if the two systems have the capability for patching to each other, would make sense if they had the capability.

NSA at Ft. Meade, prior to moving to a TRS, had a conventional UHF repeater with full time DES encryption. I would be positive that the system you found would be theirs if full time encryption is used. I found their system not long after it went live but didn't retain the info as everything was encrypted. I knew it would useless info to me so I disposed of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.