Unknown Police Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy252

I was recently driving North on U.S. 23 just south of Fenton and saw a police SUV, it looked like a state police vehicle, but had a different logo, one which i could not read because the lettering was so small. The truck was blue and had the single red bubble light. Does anyone know which agency this truck belongs to?

bigbluemsp

If it was a white looking shield then its MSP Motor Carrier.

02-33.jpg

Jimmy252

You know, that very well may have been it. I cant quite remember totally, i just glanced at it in the median. What is the Motor Carriers duties anyway?

SCPD

QRT
Unknown vehicle

It may of been a vehicle from a correctional facility. A couple of years ago, I seen a Blazer painted MSP blue, with a red bubble on top going down 96 between 23 and 275. One red bubble in the middle of the roof, but not the big bubble that MSP cars have.
I forget if it was a sign on the door, or the license plate, but I remember that I knew it was from a correctional facility.

Hoofy

Motor Carriers enforce the traffic laws on primarily the commercial vehicles in Michgian. That would include everything from your local plumbers pickup, to the Bunny Bread van, to Logging trucks, to hazardous materials trucks and everything in between. I believe anything with a commercial license on it.

I hear them here in the U.P. working in small groups where one vehicle will be an unmarked van or something with a radar and some device that can determine the distance between vehicles. I hear them say that the semi is running 55mph with X number of feet between him and the next one.

bigbluemsp

To add to Hoofy's post.

They are not MCOLES state sworn officers, their only enforcement ability is over commercial vehicles and felony arrests or select misdameanors committed in their presance.

Status
Not open for further replies.