Unknown TGID's El Paso County

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungMeezy

While listening to my favorite list for CSPD and EPSO, I received 2 unknown tGID's. 2522, and 4666. neither is programmed in the list. I heard a plate being ran on 2522, and 4666 chatter about leaving a fuse out? any idea what these were and how I heard them? This happened about 1:30 am on 9/4

Meezy

YoungMeezy

So I found out what the talkgroups are, CSP,C/S Utilities, and heard another unknown that was Pueblo Sheriff. But why am I hearing them in a favorite list that does not contain them? very confused

Meezy

dw2872

So I found out what the talkgroups are, CSP,C/S Utilities, and heard another unknown that was Pueblo Sheriff. But why am I hearing them in a favorite list that does not contain them? very confused

Meezy

4666 - Colorado Springs Utilities (CSU) Electrical Switch Operations

2522 - Colorado State Patrol (CSP) for the 2B area (El Paso and Teller County)

They are probably not in your list because they are not El Paso County or Colo Springs TGs.

CSU is a separate entity and CSP is a state TG.

dw2872

Also, you are probably hearing those CSP, CSU, and Pueblo TGs on the Cheyenne Mountain site, while the El Paso County and Colo Springs TGs are only carried on the other (Zone-4) sites in the county (but not on Cheyenne Mtn, a Zone-6 site).

dw2872

You may have your scanner in "ID Search" instead of "ID Scan". The scan mode will only let you listen to TGs you have in the list. Search mode lets you listen to the ones in your list that you don't have locked out, but it will also stop on TGs not in your list but it won't ID them except for the TG ID because you don't have them programmed in your lists.

YoungMeezy

I'm just not sure why so many keep popping up and saying "unknown" The list I'm running is only set to listen to CSPD and EPSO. I can't figure out why I'm hearing these other talkgroups.

dw2872

You may have your scanner in "ID Search" instead of "ID Scan". The scan mode will only let you listen to TGs you have in the list. Search mode lets you listen to the ones in your list that you don't have locked out, but it will also stop on TGs not in your list but it won't ID them except for the TG ID because you don't have them programmed in your lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.