Unknown transmissions on 155.610?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAMR213

Hi all, long time reader of these forums. Just a few minutes ago I began picking up an unknown agency transmitting on 155.610 MHz. There is a unit attempting to serve at Charles Stewart Drive in Asbury NJ. I have this frequency programmed into my scanner as it is used by Spotswood here in Middlesex County. Searching both the RR and FCC databases, I cannot find any agency that uses this frequency out towards Asbury. I do see in the RR database though a "Hunterdon County Police Tac-6" at 155.6025 FMN, and these transmissions are coming in at very low volume so I assume it is narrowband, could I be picking up bleed over from this frequency? Sorry if any of these questions don't make sense, could anyone help identify what I might be hearing? Much thanks.

EDIT: I already posted this info in a second post, but it seems I am still under "moderation". I doubt it is Little Silver, I am referring to Asbury on the Hunterdon/Warren County border, where there is a "Charles Stewart Drive".

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

asbury, hunterdon county ?.

update - it is charles stewart drive in asbury nj <hunterdon county>.

Last edited by a moderator:

TAMR213

He did an edit to his first post.

Yep, pretty annoying that my posts must be "approved" since I used to post here years ago under a different name (have since lost the info for that log-in), but being a moderator on several other forums that I frequent, I understand the need to screen new users posts.

Anyway, anybody have any clue what I might have been hearing?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yes, you are hearing the Hunterdon County Sheriff's Department.

Narrowband bleed-over on 7.5k step channels like that is very common on older scanners.

scannersnstuff

yup, saw his post before editing. from his zip, i gathered that it was hunterdon. googled address. the rest is h i s t o r y.

TAMR213

Thanks guys, some of my posts still aren't showing up, so I guess it might be awhile until this one does... This website is a great resource thanks to guys like yourselves.

Guess it's time to save up some cash and upgrade to a digital scanner. Though my Pro-95 has served me faithfully for about 7 years now, there are now a few digital systems in my area, and I've been noticing more and more static on random channels at random times.

Thanks again guys, moderators, please delete this thread if you feel necessary.

DJ88

Guess it's time to save up some cash and upgrade to a digital scanner.

Before you spend big bucks on a digital scanner, check the database here to make sure what you want to listen to isn't encrypted. Some agencies in Middlesex County are encrypted and no scanner on the market can decode encryption. It's against ther law. If you have trouble navigating the database, or determining what is and isn't encrypted, let us know and we'll help you out.

TAMR213

Before you spend big bucks on a digital scanner, check the database here to make sure what you want to listen to isn't encrypted. Some agencies in Middlesex County are encrypted and no scanner on the market can decode encryption. It's against ther law. If you have trouble navigating the database, or determining what is and isn't encrypted, let us know and we'll help you out.

Well aware that some agencies are encrypted (all the "interesting" stuff on the County EDACS is ProVoice for example) and thank you for the offer regarding the databases, but as stated, I've been on this website for at least 5 years now. I say "digital" just because if I am going to buy a new scanner (which won't be anytime soon yet), I might as well buy the "newest", in addition I can only see more and more agencies switching over to digital in the future. Current digital users around me include Woodbridge Township's TRS, and the new NJ PSIC.

Thanks again for your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.