Unknown UHF - ENC 451.80000

spacellamaman

100% positive its not a false decode.
just to start off here i don't doubt you on that, my question is are you using something where you can actually hear the audible "racket" ie something that doesn't mute encryption like the newer Unidens? when you have rx'd an NAC code was the "racket" of a different type? if you have used a newer uniden during an NAC reception, did the uniden recognize it as encryption and mute it?

i suspect you'll understand what i mean by the "white noise/static" encryption, as i have heard it used on 43.0 a few months back, and i am just wondering if there is more than one distinct type of mode/etc being used here.

Heck, I've run $FED on some business channels and guess what some folks started thinking...
maybe I should change to a $DEA nac :)

ugggghh....turds in the punch bowl. ya'll some evil buggers.

FB1, AF1, DEA, FED - plenty of combinations to stir-up some hairs of a monitor
or drive them crazy, for the Scanners that drop LEADING Zeros and use $000
i require no chauffeur, thank you very much.

as dustin hoffman said "i'm an excellent driver"

RFI-EMI-GUY

Theories abound, just like we all have an ...... and folks have been tail-chasing since the thread began

My opinion is someone playing around, figured catch the first person to think it is xyz
Heck, I've run $FED on some business channels and guess what some folks started thinking...
maybe I should change to a $DEA nac :)
I have a WIFI near me that says FBI SPY VAN should I be worried?

RFI-EMI-GUY

100% positive its not a false decode.
What you might try to do is check the FCC database for local users on that frequency to see what emission designators are used. The APCO Frequency coordinators site and even RR here, will show what modulation is used. If it is P25 phase 1 it should be obvious.

Flyham

The thread that want die. Just because right when you think traffic has gone away. It comes back.
Hearing 451.800 active again between Greensboro & High Point. Similar RIDS as in the past. Can't but assume if it's part of this?

spacellamaman

The thread that want die. Just because right when you think traffic has gone away. It comes back.
Hearing 451.800 active again between Greensboro & High Point. Similar RIDS as in the past. Can't but assume if it's part of this?

hmmmm interesting for sure. keep in mind the timeframe that the signals were first discovered, late may 2020 (i think thats right).

the possible connection should be easy enough to test/confirm for anyone in the area willing to kill some time with Close Call/ Signal Stalker/ etc capable equipment. while its true i might be willing (shakes head in disgust at himself), luckily i am quite a long ways from the area.

anyone in need of an excuse to get away from the wife on such a beautiful saturday....you're welcome.

edit: well when ever the thing opens up, like on March 10th whathaveyou

Flyham

Not to beat a dead horse, but on my monthly trip to Troy and Badin today 43.04, 43.10, and 451.800 were all active, all NAC 167. Nothing in the clear.

I was in Liberty today (NE corner of Randolph), which is approximately 20 miles WSW of Graham. I heard the above as well as 154.5275, also NAC167 and not in the clear. Stayed strong till I got on NC62 and started back West towards Archdale, from US421.

spacellamaman

Not to beat a dead horse, but on my monthly trip to Troy and Badin today 43.03, 43.10, and 451.800 were all active, all NAC 167. Nothing in the clear.

Thanks for the updates guys, the regional rx reports are the only way anything will be made sense of it seems. Such as for me, generally monitoring from northern Stanly and SE Rowan areas, it totally perplexes me as to how rare it has been for me to note either the 43's or the 451.8, which i have done, but prob less than 5x each. so that at least is a data point as to the locality.

also you say on your trip to troy and badin, have you actually rx any while actually in the area of troy and/or badin?

i think you have said yes in the past but i am just trying to confirm

Flyham

Interesting that we made it through most of the summer and fall without anything being heard/logged/noted.
Well yesterday, for me at least, that changed. Around 1230PM-130PM I was traveling I-85 from Archdale to Greensboro and heard what appeared to be encrypted traffic on 451.800mhz showing NAC 167. Again this was noted in the SW section of Guilford County and NW Corner of Randolph County. Also noted was FM analog traffic on 151.505mhz with a 167.9 pl. This sounded more to be construction-related traffic. The 151.505mhz traffic was most prevalent along the I-85 / Groometown Rd / I-73 Corridor.

Also this morning around 930AM, a convoy of military vehicles was seen on I-73 SB around the Wendover/West Gate City area; 4, 6-wheel tandem axle transports, and 1 or 2 fuel trucks. Whips tied back. A brief close call hit was observed on a 43mhz frequency. Not sure it was the same one mentioned in the previous post as I was more attentive to the road traffic around me.

I guess a part of me can't help but wonder if any of the above observations were related to the pending (and I guess now delivered) Rittenhouse case.

Flyham

Get any RID's this time? I'm slacking off on my scanner game. Too many irons in the fire.

Obviously nothing on 151.505mhz or the 40mhz frequency (which I'm wishing I'd been able to pay more attention to).
As for 451.800mhz, it appears some IDs were in the 805xxxx range, as well as 839xxx. Makes me wonder now if there's any relevance to this article a month ago from the Fed Files Blog:

ecps92

No, not related the TSA would be in the NTIA spectrum not the FCC
and has already been found for one airport on 406.7375
Obviously nothing on 151.505mhz or the 40mhz frequency (which I'm wishing I'd been able to pay more attention to).
As for 451.800mhz, it appears some IDs were in the 805xxxx range, as well as 839xxx. Makes me wonder now if there's any relevance to this article a month ago from the Fed Files Blog: