Unkown DMR repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Good day all

I have searched all the IC database been an active scanner dude for well since vacuum tubes were common.
In the Gravenhurst Bracebridge area I have found a single frequency DMR repeater which is on 154.570 now I have checked if it is an image frequency fairly sure it isn't. The repeater resides on this commonly used simplex frequency as most know. What I can tell you is communications such as pickup at clubhouse to go to resort. Maintenance staff preparing for tomorrows events, another pickup to go to golf course. There is about a 4 second tail on the repeater.
It is the same with my BCD996P2 and on my dongles using the DSD and SDR the spectrum analyzer as good as it gets shows the peak on 154.57 no other images across the band?
Any thoughts I'm open to suggestions was going to call up the resorts in the area but nowadays it seems if you ask and try to explain why you are quickly hung up on.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I was thinking the Taboo golf course.

I've seen group 101, timeslot 1 which is golf operations.

SCPD

QRT
Taboo possibly

Mike you may have it I have been listening along and they asked for a shuttle pick up at pro shop to dockside. Which is one of Taboo's restaurant and entertainment area Taboo use to run a UHF repeater and vhf simplex I have long lost as one of my old scanners went up in smoke as you know smoke comes out easy but hard to get back in.
Thanks for the info I will keep listening away.

Last edited:

mbstone99

It looks like that one is not listed as being licensed to them but they do have a few others licensed that could be worth checking out too.

151.9700 GRAVENHURST, ONTARIO AND AREA Taboo Resort, Golf and Conference Centre
158.4600 GRAVENHURST, ONTARIO AND AREA Taboo Resort, Golf and Conference Centre
451.0125/456.0125 GRAVENHURST, ON (TABOO RESORT) Taboo Resort, Golf and Conference Centre
451.7875/456.7875 GRAVENHURST, ON (MUSKOKA RESORT) Taboo Resort, Golf and Conference Centre

Matt

SCPD

QRT
Thanks mbstone99 I will program them in as well they look familiar and are probably the ones I lost when my old scanner had a melt down.
Regards

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'm wondering if one of the VHF frequencies will turn out to be the input to the repeater?

DaveH

IC database shows 151.970/158.460 for what looks to be paired as a repeater (CIH849).

154.570 is one of the US MURS frequencies and I wonder if some are using it thinking it doesn't need to be licensed (or knowing otherwise and doing it anyway).

Dave

DaveH

Good day all

I have searched all the IC database been an active scanner dude for well since vacuum tubes were common.
In the Gravenhurst Bracebridge area I have found a single frequency DMR repeater which is on 154.570 now I have checked if it is an image frequency fairly sure it isn't. The repeater resides on this commonly used simplex frequency as most know. What I can tell you is communications such as pickup at clubhouse to go to resort. Maintenance staff preparing for tomorrows events, another pickup to go to golf course. There is about a 4 second tail on the repeater.

Single-frequency DMR repeater is an intriguing concept, didn't know if any existed. I was doing a bit of light reading :) on the ETSI DMR specs starting with ETS 102 361-1. By using one time slot as input and other as output, would make a full-duplex repeater with no need for duplexer (only bandpass filtering). Would be neat, if that's what it is.

BTW ETS 102 361-4 is for DMR trunking, a mere 196 pages long.

Dave

SCPD

QRT
Confirming some facts

The wife took me too the road outside Taboo last night as I no longer can drive for medical reasons I took the BCD996P2, 154.57 MHz is a definitely being used as a DMR repeater frequency 451.0125 MHz is also the out put of another DMR repeater.with more chatter mostly resort talk not golfing talk. All other frequencies were silent no activity this was around 7.00 PM and both repeaters were busy.
On a rock crop above the golf course near the maintenance building which is a little further down the Muskoka Beach Rd. is a tower not too high but with both UHF & VHF antennas.
Ground level alone gives the site ample coverage no need for a big tower. Sorry no pics forgot the camera. DUH!
I still don't understand why they are using 154.57 MHz for a repeater unless they are for better words cheating?

FYI
Thanks for the help with the intel everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.