Unlisted Fairfax TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpetraglia

Thanks for offering the help. I have had the Fairfax trs programmed into many scanners for many years. GMU PD is still operating on the original analog channels they have always been on.

I guess my only point is why update the database until something is actually changed over. It has been since February, and no changes. I live walking distance from GMU. It's not like they have 200 police officers. They have maybe 4 cops on the road and 1 dispatcher. I don't see it taking 8 months to set up the dispatch equipment.

I could be wrong and I hope I am.

cpetraglia

Just checking in on the new TGs posted for GMU PD. They were added to the database last February and still nothing happening. They are still using the old analog channels. Has anyone heard whether or not they are going to implement the change?

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
They are still on the analog system. Confirmed with their dispatch on Wednesday that yes work is still in progress on transition. That is mostly due to dispatch having to install new consoles and cad system. Nothing is done fast at gmu.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
So GMU PD are using their new talkgroups on the P25 system. I hear sometimes a simulcast with the old analog channels. Tonight they are multi-select DISP1 with their two ops channels. (encrypted)

cpetraglia

So GMU PD are using their new talkgroups on the P25 system. I hear sometimes a simulcast with the old analog channels. Tonight they are multi-select DISP1 with their two ops channels. (encrypted)
I have not listened to any of the old analog channels since the switch over. From what I hear on Disp. 1, it seems I am not missing anything. With school being closed for months now, everything is extremely quiet anyway.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
GMU PD were assisting PWC with crowds in Gainesville last night. Flying drones for crowd assessment. The new radios covered well.

cm205

GMU PD were assisting PWC with crowds in Gainesville last night. Flying drones for crowd assessment. The new radios covered well.

Has GMU switched off their analog repeaters yet, or are they still simulcasting their Fairfax system TGs? Also curious if they are still using the low-power LTR system for school ops.

Also seems like more and more FCPD calls being dispatched via MDT instead of over the radio.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I don't know about simulcast. I am betting that the older repeaters are done. They are full time on the new Talk groups. I have not monitored the analog since the switch.

cpetraglia

I don't know about simulcast. I am betting that the older repeaters are done. They are full time on the new Talk groups. I have not monitored the analog since the switch.
I just checked the old frequencies yesterday and am still hearing some transmissions.

cm205

Intermittently monitored TG 1363 on the Fairfax system today, which appears to be Falls Church Police. Not sure if this was a patch or if they now have a TG on the Fairfax system. They had been on the Arlington system, which I can’t reliably pick up from my location when I’m in the area.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Okay so I know that Falls Church PD had an issue with their primary radio system yesterday and they went to their backup system. So I guess you stumbled on a TG that is their backup for their primary dispatch channel. Makes sense that the Fairfax County P25 System is their backup system. If you are sure it was confirmed to be Falls Church PD backup dispatch then I would submit it to the DB.

FQ1100

is Fairfax 41L and 41M only available under the Montgomery County P16 Frequencies cause it's not on the Fairfax P25 database?

FQ1100

Yes these talk groups are hosted on the Montgomery County Smartzone P16 system.
Looks like I'll have to wait until there P25 system is complete in a few months so I can add them in my G5. Thanks

johnrockie

Feed Provider
Yes these talk groups are hosted on the Montgomery County Smartzone P16 system.
Any update on these? I've noticed a few calls dispatched on 41L to great falls however Fairfax units end up using 42J. Don't see any 41L in the new Montgomery P25, Montgomery units operate on 7C for the last two calls I heard.

trossman

Any update on these? I've noticed a few calls dispatched on 41L to great falls however Fairfax units end up using 42J. Don't see any 41L in the new Montgomery P25, Montgomery units operate on 7C for the last two calls I heard.

Is the Montgomery County P25 even active? I decode the control channel (853.6875?), but don't see any call activity. Meanwhile, the old Montgomery County P16 remains very active.

johnrockie

Feed Provider
Is the Montgomery County P25 even active? I decode the control channel (853.6875?), but don't see any call activity. Meanwhile, the old Montgomery County P16 remains very active.
Woops, disregard. You are correct, I got confused and thought I was listening to the P25.

trossman

Woops, disregard. You are correct, I got confused and thought I was listening to the P25.

All good. I'll be sorry to see their P16 go... with the current channel spacing, I get near constant voice calls on my lonely RTL-SDR. More expansive channel spacing on P25 could put me out of business there.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
It will be 41H, 41I, 41J, and 41K on the new MC P25 system - but it's not operational atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.