Unlisted Frequencies No Longer Used

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmn

Now that many counties and towns have gone over to digital encryption trunked systems, why don't we post some of the unlisted (SWAT/Narcotics) that are no longer used just out of curiosity.
I know Monmouth County used to use 154.725 at their command post jobs but was never able to get their NTF frequency.

Analogrules

These Are Listed, but not used aymore

463.9375 - Roselle Park FD (even though the db says rarely used, it as actually Never used.

Also, the 30 MHz State OEM analog frequencies, and 47 MHz DOT and 47 MHz Red Cross frequencies I believe are completely depricated.

hights2

I used to listen to the Mercer County Prosecutors Task Force on 458.9625 PL 210.7 then they went to their new P25 system and they disappeared. It was some good listening while it lasted.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Just a reminder, gentlemen - anything that you might be actually lucky to hear on these older frequencies needs to be kept to yourself.

Discussion of tactical & surveillance operations on the forums is strictly forbidden...

GM

Premium Subscriber
Red Cross 47.4200 (PL 146.2 in NJ) is still used, just on an infrequent basis. It's mostly used during disasters and drills.

bailly2

omg. i always assumed prosecutors office was using push to talk cell phones. wow. they were using a frequency that wasn't even licensed by the fcc. very sneaky. was it just drug investigations?

snowmn

Just a reminder, gentlemen - anything that you might be actually lucky to hear on these older frequencies needs to be kept to yourself.

Discussion of tactical & surveillance operations on the forums is strictly forbidden...

Scott - It was not my intent for this to be for current frequencies. It is for retired "secret" frequencies that can now be revealed without harm to anyone.

WB4UR_Sean

Al's Security Service (Richmond, VA) back in the mid 1990s used to use 464.850, and they were on there, too.

And 454.350 was a paging service with data and voice. Used to hear this one young woman on there leaving voice pages to some guy and she was either high, or intoxicated or both. So, one night she gave out a phone number and she was going to call the guy's mom. Damn. lol Good times, good times. lol

Of course, I had a Uniden Bearcat BC-200 XLT handheld scanner that had the capability of hearing the analog cell phones back then when all it took was to cut a certain diode. wink-wink, nudge-nudge. know I mean? , know what I mean? lol

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Scott - It was not my intent for this to be for current frequencies. It is for retired "secret" frequencies that can now be revealed without harm to anyone.
Just because the jurisdiction has switched to a swanky new digital TRS does not mean the PD has trashed all the old radios (especially portables).

This topic walks a fine white line...

Sent from may Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 6

snowmn

We are discussing retired no longer used frequencies not operations. There are many current tactical frequencies listed in the database so I am not sure what is so spooky about this.

Does anyone remember Middlesex Prosecutor's Office Surveillance frequency of 155.910? The frequency has been retired for 20 years now!

DSC45

Premium Subscriber

Good Call!

Analogrules

No it is not Radio Ditch. You are probably confusing this frequency with the PD Ch. 2 or their main FD frequency. But, this one has been out of commission for as long as I remember. I even monitor them during special events like the fireworks, and nada. There is never even a morse code identifier on this frequency, not a peep! I believe even the repeater is down for this frequency.

Analogrules

I have lived here for over 10 years, and have always kept this channel programmed just in case, but never heard a peep on it!

jaymatt1978

I agree about the DOT FREQUENCIES, BUT I have actually been in multiple in EOC's throughout the state and they all had EMRAD radios in them. ALSO the Red Cross frequencies are nationwide so I would think since they are used in different parts of the country, they should still be listedd

463.9375 - Roselle Park FD (even though the db says rarely used, it as actually Never used.

Also, the 30 MHz State OEM analog frequencies, and 47 MHz DOT and 47 MHz Red Cross frequencies I believe are completely depricated.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I have lived here for over 10 years, and have always kept this channel programmed just in case, but never heard a peep on it!

I lived in Roselle Park for 30 years. It's used for special events and during training at the County Fire Academy. I've seen posts that it wasn't used during the fireworks the past few years, but it was, low power simplex at 500mW. This is one of the things that frustrates me about the hobby. Just because a few people don't hear anything, doesn't mean it isn't used.

Analogrules

Well, I have been to the Roselle Park fireworks the last few years with that frequency programmed into my scanner, and never heard a thing. Even if it was low power use, I should have heard something if I was there on site.

Radio Ditch, next time you claim you hear that frequency active, please record it on your scanner (if your scanner has that function), and post the recording here or PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.