Unmarked OPP cruiser and guns stolen near Cornwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin_Jay

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I recall an MNR truck being stolen a few years back (I think it may have been from Aylmer). OPP put out a BOLO stating the truck had a uniform in it, bullet proof vest, firearms (long guns I think) and an 'encryption loaded radio'. Never did hear if they recovered it.

I would presume after something like that they would have to re-key all the MNR encrypted radios. Anyone know if Fleetnet supports OTAR?

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Sounds to me like the officer won't be in that "specialized unit" for much longer. I highly doubt it was a random theft. Someone probably knew exactly who she was, where she lived, and the fact that she took an OPP car home with her. Well orchestrated crime if you ask me!

markab

Car recovered

I see now that the car has been recovered. Unfortunatly, the lockbox containing a gun, ammunition, and pepper spray is still missing.

Mark

An unmarked OPP cruiser and guns inside the car were stole near cornwall. While the officer was
asleep in her house, with the vehicle parked out in the driveway in Long Sault Ontario.

Article in Cornwall Newspaper

Unmarked OPP vehicle stolen from officer's driveway in Long Sault - The Cornwall Standard Freeholder - Ontario, CA

With the Fleetnet radio possibly inside the car, is it possible to track the car through the radio system?
GPS perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.