Unmarked White Trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCFlash

Who operates these? I saw four completely unmarked, all white trucks, running code 3 out of Las Vegas, southbound on HWY 95 near railroad pass. The first one sort of looked like a fire dept. rescue squad type, the next one was a pickup truck, then another, smaller squad type, then a pickup pulling a fully enclosed trailer- also all white. They had plenty of lights and sirens were blaring, couldn't identify who was driving and no decals or markings of any type. Didn't look like the FD haz mat unit or Metro's bomb squad but I am curious.

mdickerson17

Sounds like Metro to me or possibly NHP (But I doubt it). If it was FD or other they probably would've been marked so most likely Metro. But then again who knows?

Kumba

Premium Subscriber
Obviously the UFO Police out of Area 51. Probably had another tourist miss the signs about cloaking while visiting our world. You'd think etching it into the backside of the moon would work these days...

BCFlash

Thanks for the replies. It could've been Metro's bomb squad if they drive unmarked all white units, I thought some of them were marked and the trailer wasn't a typical bomb disposal carrier- more the type to carry a robot unit. Another possibly might be a DOE response team, which I believe is located at or near the former Nevada Test Site now called the Nevada National Security Site. I'm fairly certain they weren't FD or NHP, unfortunately I was going the opposite direction and couldn't ID the type of license plates they had.

mdickerson17

Another thought, it could've been military or the Federal BLM guys since you said they were heading south. Just had to throw that out there.....

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
BLM doesn't have anything like that. Metro might. I saw their bomb squad working once, had white vans and equipment trailer, without the 'basket' that some bomb teams use. No bomb, tho, just a sample case someone forgot.

"Time is Nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once." - Albert Einstein

crazynova

If they had a trailer and were out that way, it could have been Metro's Search and Rescue team or ARMOR (Metro doesn't have a bomb squad, that duty falls with FD. They are part of the multi-agency ARMOR team). It could also be any number of other agencies in town.

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. It could've been Metro's bomb squad if they drive unmarked all white units, I thought some of them were marked and the trailer wasn't a typical bomb disposal carrier- more the type to carry a robot unit. Another possibly might be a DOE response team, which I believe is located at or near the former Nevada Test Site now called the Nevada National Security Site. I'm fairly certain they weren't FD or NHP, unfortunately I was going the opposite direction and couldn't ID the type of license plates they had.

Funny thing, I am seeing these all white vans in Syracuse, New York. No windows, three "uhf" antennas, unmarked, tinted front windows!

emtjohn

Its likely not the CST. They have fairly obvious Air Force Blue vehicles like so... Google Images
I would guess LVMPD Armor or Las Vegas Fire Bomb Squad. The bomb squads big truck is red but the individual members drive unmarked, white, F series Ford vehicles with the Kojac style lighting packages.http://www.google.com/imgres?q=las+...tart=0&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0&tx=42&ty=82 Armor does have an unmarked white big truck but I have no idea what the individual officers drive.

Last edited:

gariac

Just a quick note. White vehicles are a dime a dozen in the desert. White keeps the heat down.

True story...I was parked by the Nellis range in central Nevada and some car full of what were obviously tourists took my picture. OK, I was in a white vehicle, antenna on top, and wearing a camo hat. They thought I was one of the Groom Lake camo dudes. One guy got out to talk to me inquire about the border.

A friend was driving around the General Atomics facility at Gray Butte. They opened the gate for him, then quickly shut it. Yep, white vehicle. They all look alike.

Unless things have changed, any manned vehicle on the Nellis range (inside) is white. White doesn't make for a realistic war game. The Roland "mobile threat" systems used to be camo or olive drab, but were converted to while, even if they stick out like a sore thumb. Either somebody shot at a manned vehicle and they adopted the white is manned rule, or somebody took pre-emptive action before a vehicle got shot.

ecps92

We were talking about NY State for the CST, based on that Posters Question, not the NV Topic

Its likely not the CST. They have fairly obvious Air Force Blue vehicles like so... Google Images
I would guess LVMPD Armor or Las Vegas Fire Bomb Squad. The bomb squads big truck is red but the individual members drive unmarked, white, F series Ford vehicles with the Kojac style lighting packages.Google Images Armor does have an unmarked white big truck but I have no idea what the individual officers drive.

emtjohn

I know those aren't the specific NV CST vehicles, but I have participated in an exercise with them, and the NV vehicles are about identical. Those were the only pictures of any of them I could find with a google search.

crazynova

I would guess LVMPD Armor or Las Vegas Fire Bomb Squad. The bomb squads big truck is red but the individual members drive unmarked, white, F series Ford vehicles with the Kojac style lighting packages.Google Images Armor does have an unmarked white big truck but I have no idea what the individual officers drive.

In the ARMOR picture you linked, the individual officers drive trucks similar to that super duty Ford closest to the camera. SWAT has them, but SWATs are all different models and colors, as do a few other units. The Metro trucks stick out, since they have LED lights mounted on the camper shell (which never has windows) usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.