• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unmute xts3k with disabled id

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle4812

We have a few xts3000 on the GRN but their radio IDs are diabled on the network.
The radios in the ute's are fine.

If you switch on one of the xts the audio is muted, even though on my 396t you can hear the talkgroup on the local tower fine after and while the xts is Affiliated.

Is there a setting in cps to allow the xts to unmute even though they are disabled?
appart from getting it enabled on the network!

Thanks.

grinthock

The network that disabled them must re-enable them, or they must goto the depot.

If you have a good copy of the codeplug from before it was inhibited there may be something you can do with some of the toys out there, but as someone said on another forum "Chances are slim to none, and slim just left town"

Why were they inhibited in the first place, that's kinda odd.

kyle4812

Sorry, I might have not made myself clear.
They are not inhibited. they are just disabled from the grn,
To save costs or something like that.

The radio works 100%, but you just cannot listen to a talk group that you select.
But it does Affiliate and bring the talkgroup to that grn tower.
I've watched on trunk88 and it just says "Rejection: Disabled radio ID; RID = "

Josh

No there isn't... at least not without the CPS with a valid system key, or advanced system key and the approval of the radio system manager.

Otherwise you're talking about violations that could get you in trouble/fired.

They were disabled for a reason, good or bad. Tinkering with the programming to make it do something the administrator didn't want it to do is asking for trouble.

kyle4812

I understand where your coming from Josh, but
I was asked buy my company to program it for them.

So i do have access to cps, system keys and programing cables.

I've programed them myself on my basic knolage of the motorola radio,
Thats why i was asking the question if this was possible to do.

Thanks.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
It doesn't take me long to inhibit radios that show up as an invalid ID and wouldn't be suprised if the same happens to you if you don't stop hacking into their system. Individuals have also been charged with a crime for doing what your doing.

kyle4812

I'm not hacking anything or doing anything wrong !
Please stop the insults.
I'm just trying to ask a simple question if it can be done.

My company was just advised by the grn techs that they can have radios turned off on the network to save costs.(Not inhibited, not blocked, just temporarily disabled)

All i was after was to unmute those radios that have been switched off on the network.
other then not being able to rx our grn channels the radios work 100% fine! and we can talk on all the conventional simplex channels we have.

I can easily ask my boss to request the radios get reactivated on the network, but then i'll be asked questions why and we are trying to save costs, ect...

It makes it alot easier to carry around a portable that you can listen to, and if the users get called they can go back to their ute's to respond.

Last edited:

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Then why didn't you say that in the first place....what am I supposed to do read your mind...geesh! Re-read your initial post and see if it makes any sense....sure doesn't to me.

We have a few xts3000 on the GRN but their radio IDs are diabled on the network.

If you switch on one of the xts the audio is muted, even though on my 396t you can hear the talkgroup on the local tower fine after and while the xts is Affiliated.

Is there a setting in cps to allow the xts to unmute even though they are disabled?

Thanks.

kyle4812

Sorry,
I was trying to write it in a way not to confuse anyone that the radio wasn't blocked from the network but just temporarily disabled.

Looks like it didn't work :)

grinthock

Riiiiiiight... So based on your statement...

"I can easily ask my boss to request the radios get reactivated on the network, but then i'll be asked questions why and we are trying to save costs, ect..."

Looks to me like you are trying to program them to work on a system that the system administrator has disabled them, muted, whatever, them on..

So trying to "save" by "stealing"...

Sorry dude -- either way I still don't see how what you are doing is right.

kyle4812

I dont know about steal,
We could buy a stack of scanners and they will do the same job(e.g listen) but whats the point when we have a fully capable motorola, well apart from transmit.

Its ok, if no one wants to assist. I'm not even sure if thsi can be done thats why i asked the question.
Never mind.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
The radio is working exactly the way it is supposed to. If you don't want to pay the user fees then go get some scanners. Honestly how expensive can it be? My users pay about a buck a day per radio.

is this the grn in south australia if so there is a way of rxing by changing a few settings so the radio does not affilate it has afew limitations such as only 8 control channels i have done and works good if you tx i made it so it would tx on uhf cb so you can never affilate

kyle4812

Yes its on the SA Grn, and yes i've heard of that trick before but yeah, i was just hoping to just be able to listen normaly.

ronenp

I think that you have two options
1) to change the radio ID to something that the Tower will not Reject
But i dont know if the Regular CPS can Do it

2) to inhibit the TX on the Radio (Again I dont know if the CPS allow to do it )

Mabe there is also an option on the CPS to make affiliation on TX only so as long as the
Radio will not TX it will not affiliate and you will be able to hear the conversation ....

I know on MTS MTX radios these can be done ....

Hope this helped you a bit better then the other answers you got

Regards
Ronen - 4Z4ZQ
Ronen Pinchooks (4Z4ZQ) WebSite

MattSR

Thanks.

I'll answer this one plainly and simply - "Is there a setting in cps to allow the xts to unmute even though they are disabled?"

No. There isn't.

smartzone must affilate for it to un mute
smartnet has the option to affilate on tx and will unmute without affilation
the sa grn is a smartzone system if u set it to smartnet it will still work with linitations as i indicated in earlyer post
u can use almost any id

Status
Not open for further replies.